Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2016, 10:18 AM

3 posts, read 2,561 times

Advertisements

Hope someone can give us some great feedback! We are looking to move from Wisconsin to the Tampa Bay, Florida area. We are thinking either Sarasota area or Clearwater area. We are also looking to start a courier business as well there. So some of the things we are looking for is the following. Your help is appreciated!
Looking to rent the first year- $800-$1000 price range. House,apartment, condo is all fine.
Would love a walkable area that's close to farmers market, coffee, etc.
SAFE area that we can walk at night!!!!

We are in our early 40's but would be ok with any age area. If anyone knows at point of contact that I could talk to while are are down there visiting to show us some apartments that would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 08:42 PM

208 posts, read 170,374 times
Hello there! We are also looking to relocate, but in the Tampa Bay area. While doing some research, I found a service called "Apartment Hunters", which helps people find apartments in the area. They claim they are free, you can google and contact them. We have an appointment to apartment search with them in april, they seem like they will be helpful. Hope this helps!

Old 03-14-2016, 06:40 AM

Thank you I will try them! During your research, did you find any good areas in Tampa you would suggest? Or stay out of? I would love to her your import after your vacation! Good luck

Old 03-14-2016, 07:54 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,012,754 times
It's important to note that Apartment Hunters gets money from apartment complexes to send people there. I've used them in the past and have been sent to many... Undesireable... Areas around the Orlando area.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:37 PM

Ok Maniacthw, good to know. While talking on the phone with them, we did ask them how come their service was free, and how they were getting paid. They said what you just said, that the complexes were paying them to get new tenants. So, we are also doing our own apartment search, using rental property search engines, and we will use their service. Ultimately, we will pick what fits us best, being careful to stay away from "undesirables"!
Michalovitz123, I have been reading tons and tons of posts on this fine site here, Citydata, concerning good vs bad neighborhoods in Tampa and St Pete. Just read back posts (I read posts all through 2015 to now), and you'll get PLENTY of info. Also, you can use the Trulia crime map of Tampa, you can google it. It seems to match what the locals say here on CD. Will let you know what we think after our April trip!

//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...rwater-fl.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...learwater.html

To start you off...Good luck!

Old 03-14-2016, 07:49 PM

Thank you!! I will check out that info.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:20 PM

We are back from our trip. We actually saw lots of apartments, in St Petersburg, Clearwater, and Tampa. Clearwater was pretty nice to our opinion, a little less busy than St Petersburg. The Clearwater apartments had a little more space for your money than St Petersburg did. Most had nice landscaping, but for below $1000 (for a 2 bedrooms) the older complexes (built in 1970s and 1980s) would be more in your budget than the newer ones. I advise too that you look at how far highways and main streets are from your place of residence. We drove out to a complex for a good 15 mins away from a main road to find it, and that may not be ideal for convenience and easy access to other parts of the Bay area. Tampa is VERY sprawled out, it's a driver's place, so be ready for that!

Old 04-19-2016, 07:22 PM

We drove to Sarasota just for one day. Although beautiful, so way more retirees there, just so you know. Hopefully you were able to sign up with apartment hunters!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay