Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 08:25 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
Why do you hate St. Pt? I`m going to Florida in september and i`m deciding where to go...I`m going to live there for 2-3 months. I`ve never been to Florida but only now i`ve known that it has a traffic jam! Could you gimme a piece of advice - which city among Miami, Tampa, St. Pete, Orlando.. do i need to chose for less traffic and rent cost?
Don't worry about the Southern VS Northern issue, it is meaningless. Miami has the worst traffic. Orlando can be bad around the attractions and St Pete and Tampa during rush hour like any city. If you live in the city centers it will be an issue, if you live in the suburbs and do things away from the city center not as big a deal. Visit and see what fits your needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 08:28 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,174,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricon7 View Post
Not in a thousand years is Orlando's traffic worse than Tampa's. I've been living in Orlando since 2012 except for the last four months, when I've been working in St. Pete, staying in Clearwater, and commuting weekends to Orlando. Tampa Bay's traffic is MUCH worse than Orlando's, generally speaking. Of course, rush hour is bad everywhere, but the toll roads in Orlando make getting around the city much easier than I-4. Everything in the Pinellas County peninsula is congested, whereas you have good/bad spots within Orlando. And let's not talk about getting across the bay bridges in Tampa - what a nightmare. These people saying that Orlando's traffic is much worse I doubt have lived there like I have and experienced it firsthand. If you get down to where the attractions are, sure, it can be quite busy there. Otherwise, Tampa Bay takes the prize hands-down.
I-275 traffic from the I-4 junction to Westshore is a lot better now(congestion was mainly due to construction, went on for several yrs(that stretch now is brand new, less curves so traffic is less too).

US 19 in Pinellas from Park Blvd/Pinellas Park to Countryside is traffic light free now(not everything is congested). You should update your info. I'd say traffic is about the same in both metro areas. Every time I go to the theme parks in ORL, it's bumper to bumper from Lake Buena Vista to DT( I don't venture north of that). Toll roads = $$$. Crosstown-Selmon Expwy in Tampa is free of traffic too(it's a toll way).

Old 04-16-2016, 07:34 AM

269 posts, read 181,089 times
Both cities are very similar. I love Orlando better because it feels more connected with a very strong and vibrant downtown (Tampa downtown is dead). But since you have a kid, this probably means much to you. Lake Nona is a nice and safe place, with ALOT of new investments (ie. UCF medical schools, USTA headquarters, etc.). It def be a great investment if you decide to buy a house there. Good luck and let us know what you decided on or need further help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay