Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 08:00 PM

111 posts, read 118,972 times

Advertisements

Town 'n Country scary. Lol. Busy and crowded, yeah. Maybe some parts especially around Jackson Springs, Hanley and Waters. But scary, I'd say off Nebraska/parts off Florida Ave, around and in Sulphur Springs and Temple Terrace. Living on some parts off Hillsborough looks more appealing than E. Hillsborough. The city is revitalizing urban areas I agree with, especially Seminole Heights/downtown. I do think more people here and coming here, will flock to those areas but I think it'll even out especially for families. Obviously those who've been living here for years in suburbs, will also have families, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 12:15 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,013,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
It still cracks me up when I hear new transplants tell me that they live in tampa, yet when I ask where, they tell me Wesley Chapel.
I've had people as far as Auburndale tell me they live "In Tampa." I'm STILL confused about that one.

Old 04-16-2016, 04:33 AM

30,430 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famalam View Post
LOl scary really? I think some areas of temple terrace and east tampa are scary but not TNC, sorry you get spooked because there is a man waiting at the bus stop lol
It's turned into gang banger heaven. No one knows better than i do how bad TNC has gotten. I watched it go down hill living in Danashores for 41 years. Parts of it were bad in the 60's while Danashores is till the same over the years.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:35 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times
If you look at most cities now a days, younger people are looking to be closer to the downtown areas. Younger professionals are not willing to be on a 25-30 minute commute each way. Those suburban areas that were created for the middle class to live in and commute to work are going to suffer as commute times increase as they have done in the past. Not having a reliable mass transit that might reduce those commute times will be the final straw. You will see more of the folks that will be displaced by the building downtown move to the suburbs which will drop in prices

Old 04-16-2016, 10:12 AM

111 posts, read 118,972 times
I lived in TNC for awhile too, about 23 years. Born and raised too. There are some parts I wouldn't want to live in...but would be okay being in the area in during the day, for shopping...but there are still some parts that are okay. I mentioned off Memorial towards Oldsmar is fine. I haven't lived in TNC though in 5 years. I would probably move back to that area off Memorial. I still don't think living in the city is for me, but it's also that closeness factor of the convenience living, urban areas like Seminole Heights (mass transit would be nice for the area), especially leaning toward being LGBT and more diverse than suburbs, but I think Tampa in general is diverse...so it's all spread out, but certain areas I think are preferable than others based on a number of factors.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:27 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Those suburban areas that were created for the middle class to live in and commute to work are going to suffer as commute times increase as they have done in the past.
Agree, People moving to those outlying counties will have more and more cars to fight with as more people move to fill up those new communities. Those one hour commutes will turn to 1 1/2 - 2 hr commutes to get to Tampa.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:50 PM

149 posts, read 145,244 times
I've lived in Westchase since 1999, and traffic has gotten insane recently. No matter what time of the day it is, traffic is always condensed. It never used to be like this. There used to be ebbs and flow to the traffic but it is slammed from dusk till dawn now.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:28 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,375,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmsmb View Post
I lived in TNC for awhile too, about 23 years. Born and raised too. There are some parts I wouldn't want to live in...but would be okay being in the area in during the day, for shopping...but there are still some parts that are okay. I mentioned off Memorial towards Oldsmar is fine. I haven't lived in TNC though in 5 years. I would probably move back to that area off Memorial. I still don't think living in the city is for me, but it's also that closeness factor of the convenience living, urban areas like Seminole Heights (mass transit would be nice for the area), especially leaning toward being LGBT and more diverse than suburbs, but I think Tampa in general is diverse...so it's all spread out, but certain areas I think are preferable than others based on a number of factors.
I worked in TNC for a short time about five years ago. I was amazed and a little confused at how inconsistent it was as far as having a nice, stable area then go a couple of blocks and you're in the 'hood.

I have an associate at work that has lived there for many years in what they describe as an "upscale community", whatever that is. They complain loudly that the area has gone downhill so badly that they have to send their kids to private school because the public schools aren't safe.

RM

Old 04-17-2016, 05:10 AM

167 posts, read 165,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishbu123 View Post
I've lived in Westchase since 1999, and traffic has gotten insane recently. No matter what time of the day it is, traffic is always condensed. It never used to be like this. There used to be ebbs and flow to the traffic but it is slammed from dusk till dawn now.
Its because of all the apartment buildings that have been going up since 2012, each complex gives you thousands of cars on the road and they have built at least 3 complexes in the last 3-4 years,

Old 04-17-2016, 05:13 AM

30,430 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
I worked in TNC for a short time about five years ago. I was amazed and a little confused at how inconsistent it was as far as having a nice, stable area then go a couple of blocks and you're in the 'hood.

I have an associate at work that has lived there for many years in what they describe as an "upscale community", whatever that is. They complain loudly that the area has gone downhill so badly that they have to send their kids to private school because the public schools aren't safe.

RM
Well when it is them kind of people that take over it will always go down hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay