U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 06:09 AM

4,496 posts, read 3,568,850 times

Advertisements

No worries, thank you for sharing. Hoping to get some insight from others for places to add, so here goes:

Aside from Critical Mass and Gasparilla, what are some of your favorite local events that take place annually, monthly, weekly, etc that are preferably especially unique? Think PechaKucha Nights (not sure if we have those), free yoga, ethnic festivals, ciclovia events (road closures for pedestrians)

What are some your favorite pieces of architecture, scenic drives, roadside stops (like RoadsideAmerica.com type places)in the area?

What are your favorite day hikes or outdoor type places/things in the area?

Lastly, what are some things that you wish we had in the area, but we don't, to your knowledge (the fun part with this one is others can draw upon experiences, internet searches, etc to see if in fact, we actually do have that thing for ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 06:46 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,026,838 times
Lights On! Tampa is a lot of fun. It's a bi-yearly festival in Curtis Hixon. I believe I heard it would be back this year.

Home | Lights On Tampa

Old 01-23-2017, 04:31 PM

Tampa Bay Sunday Bicyclers

I felt this would be worth sharing!

Old 02-14-2017, 09:07 PM

I went to Tampa Theatre tonight for Valentine's, that place is lovely as ever to catch a movie.

Also went last Friday to finally experience Dade City. VERY NICE. I don't think the hills overall are quite as numerous/prominent as in Clermont, but it's much more undeveloped around here, amazing for being so close to the city. You don't have to go far, literally even just going as far as this:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Jack...6!2d28.0192295
to feel like you've entered another state entirely. Cute little shops/restaurants and a historic self guided walking map are available at the C.O.C. of Dade City. It's a must-experience for anyone in the area that hasn't yet. Especially recommend getting a slice of the Kumquat Pie from Olga's Bakery (it is the Kumquat Capital of the World, and Kumquat isn't exactly readily available many other places). Oh, one more thing: I took two roads into and out of town, Fort King Road on way in and 52 (past St. Leo, also worth a stop), on the way out. I'm sure those aren't the only two scenic roads in the area, but a quick Google Maps scan tells me that 301/98 are generally more commercialized. I even saw a couple farms offering wine tastings if you pulled off, though surprisingly, no actual wineries in the immediate area yet.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:05 AM

4,550 posts, read 6,844,842 times
Default https://www.thecrazytourist.com/15-best-small-towns-visit-florida/15/

Best small towns in FL......https://www.thecrazytourist.com/15-b...it-florida/15/

Last edited by Sunscape; 06-18-2017 at 10:27 AM..

Old 06-21-2017, 04:13 PM

464 posts, read 796,886 times
I know Mt Dora is a popular spot, but I just spent the day in downtown Winter Garden. Hadn't been there in years but wow, what a great job they have done in the past 4/5 years. Lots of mom and pop shops, restaurants, and eminently walkable. Absolutely beautiful. SR 50 north of the Turnpike a couple of miles. Hook a right on Plant St and you are there. Can also take 429 north.

Dax

Old 09-10-2017, 03:16 AM

27,798 posts, read 27,684,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan137 View Post
Tampa Bay Top 100 Bucket List

Experience a Cat 4 Hurricane anyone?

Old 11-10-2017, 03:59 PM

Courtney Campbell Trail is terrific. Good weather for it (60s and fog). 23 mile ride. I think it’s my favorite bike trail in the area though I haven’t done the full out and back of Bayshore/Riverwalk yet.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:25 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,026,838 times
Quote:
though I haven’t done the full out and back of Bayshore/Riverwalk yet.
While I've never walked the Riverwalk in it's entirety (at once), it is probably my favorite trail in the city. I especially like how they paid tribute to Gavino Gutierrez, one of the most important people in Tampa's history and the one who gets shown the least amount of love.

Old 11-12-2017, 04:40 PM

27,798 posts, read 27,684,108 times
Quote:
Courtney Campbell Trail is terrific. Good weather for it (60s and fog). 23 mile ride. I think it’s my favorite bike trail in the area though I haven’t done the full out and back of Bayshore/Riverwalk yet.
Just picked up a road bike. Might get out there on of these days.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or