Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 09:33 AM

167 posts, read 165,116 times

Advertisements

Ishbu, its obvious this rule is was MEANT for old farts, tourists and ego maniacs that "camp" in the left lane and I agree with you, but sometimes while a law has good intentions doesnt always get enforced like that. IMO that will be the case here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 10:00 AM

149 posts, read 145,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famalam View Post
Ishbu, its obvious this rule is was MEANT for old farts, tourists and ego maniacs that "camp" in the left lane and I agree with you, but sometimes while a law has good intentions doesnt always get enforced like that. IMO that will be the case here.
Right. I think most cases in the future will be slow-pokes in the left lane and passers going at brazen, wreckless speeds. It'll be hard to have anything else stick. I was just trying to figure out how the law would be applied to someone like me who likes to drive in the left usually 5mph over, usually not more.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:26 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
But Im not trying to "enforce" anything other than not giving myself a $250 citation. And lets be realistic, traffic especially in the US is not perfect trucks will still drive in the middle lane and some people will still sit in the left lane its the maniacs doing 90-100mph are more dangerous than anyone else on the road.

F
Left lane campers are just as dangerous (and guilty) as the speeders. They force the speeders, who are going to speed regardless, to pass on the right.

They've been enforcing a law like this in CA for some time now. It's typically called "impeding traffic" and the self labeled traffic cops get a fat ticket.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:08 PM

182 posts, read 170,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishbu123 View Post
Right. I think most cases in the future will be slow-pokes in the left lane and passers going at brazen, wreckless speeds. It'll be hard to have anything else stick. I was just trying to figure out how the law would be applied to someone like me who likes to drive in the left usually 5mph over, usually not more.
5-over isn't left lane material. Ever check your rearview mirror? See that line of cars, that's traffic you're throttling. The law will more than likely apply to you in the form of a ticket, should they ever decide to enforce the law and you continue to choose to ignore it.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:21 PM

167 posts, read 165,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chap View Post
5-over isn't left lane material. Ever check your rearview mirror? See that line of cars, that's traffic you're throttling. The law will more than likely apply to you in the form of a ticket, should they ever decide to enforce the law and you continue to choose to ignore it.
so random people get to pick and choose the laws they want to follow now? speeding IS speeding no matter what you Hyundai wanna be racers think. Next we should just ignore shop lifters because well we all gotta eat right? Logic, not even once....

Old 04-01-2016, 01:23 PM

182 posts, read 170,817 times
Quote:
so random people get to pick and choose the laws they want to follow now? speeding IS speeding no matter what you Hyundai wanna be racers think. Next we should just ignore shop lifters because well we all gotta eat right? Logic, not even once....
It's not picking and choosing. If I choose to speed, I risk getting a ticket. If you choose to ignore the keep right law, you risk getting a ticket.

Let law enforcement do the law enforcing. You shouldn't be okay with vigilantes blocking speeders in the left lane any more so than if someone decided to bump- tap you onto the shoulder for going too slowly. Same principle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay