Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 08:04 PM

23 posts, read 136,090 times

Advertisements

Out of Tampa, St. Pete., Bradenton, Sarasota, or Clearwater, which area has the most production/factory jobs. I am looking to relocate to one of these areas and am unfamiliar with the towns. Can someone give some advice on which of these places will be the best place in terms of job availability, and the cheapest rent for a one bdrm apt. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 07:50 AM

849 posts, read 3,526,897 times
Default Probably Clearwater or Largo away from the beach.

I know there are some electronics mfg. places in the Largo/Clearwater area. I can't think of any really huge factories, like an auto plant around these parts. There are all sorts of small mfg. things going on. What specifically are you looking to mfg/sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoore75 View Post
Out of Tampa, St. Pete., Bradenton, Sarasota, or Clearwater, which area has the most production/factory jobs. I am looking to relocate to one of these areas and am unfamiliar with the towns. Can someone give some advice on which of these places will be the best place in terms of job availability, and the cheapest rent for a one bdrm apt. Thanks

Old 02-12-2008, 12:04 PM

Thanks for the reply. My husband is has alot of experience in the manufacturing/production field. He has done everything from weld to chemical mixing. He is also fork lift certified. I am basically wanting info. on the best town, around your area, that has the most factory type employment.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:53 PM

849 posts, read 3,526,897 times
Default I answered some

of this in other threads but maybe someone else has some insight. I just don't have the impression this is a huge mfgr. area unlike parts of the Midwest. With your husbands skills and experience, he should do well in almost any of the areas you mention except maybe St. Pete and Sarasota.
The thing is tho St, Pete shares a peninsula with a lot of other towns like Clearwater so if you lived here you'd have a good chance at a good bar job in one of the beach towns or downtown and your husband should be able to find something with his skill set and be within commuting distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoore75 View Post
Thanks for the reply. My husband is has alot of experience in the manufacturing/production field. He has done everything from weld to chemical mixing. He is also fork lift certified. I am basically wanting info. on the best town, around your area, that has the most factory type employment.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:08 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
Black & Decker has a decent size manufacturing plant in Riverview and the rents are cheap (relatively speaking) as well.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:34 PM

Thanks to everyone for the information. I have found this site to be more helpful than the major relocation sites.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:28 AM

792 posts, read 2,291,160 times
St. Petersburg would probably be your best bet. Lots of small to mid-size machine shops. A fair amount of manufacturing plants here. Most pay in the $12-$15 range to start out.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:07 PM

69 posts, read 203,551 times
The job market is tight right now, proceed with caution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay