Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 05:27 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmikef View Post
Congestion HaHa. You guys have seen nothing. Try driving on the Cross Bronx Expressway or the BQE, heavy traffic 24 hours a day - 7 days a week.
The thought of other people in misery does not alleviate mine. I been stuck in the Gw for an hour I been stuck on the howard franklan for an hour, samey samey every bit as crappy both instances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 03:46 AM

120 posts, read 118,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
The thought of other people in misery does not alleviate mine. I been stuck in the Gw for an hour I been stuck on the howard franklan for an hour, samey samey every bit as crappy both instances.

Same here, but I'd rather be on the GW or BQE because unlike Tampa, those people are actually paying attention and trying to get somewhere. People on the interstate here are idiots.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:10 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
We get a lot of people from out of state who are looking to buy buy first want to rent to see if they like the area and where to buy later.

The middle age group is a group we have seen very serious having considered the change but the group of younger people with little kids we have noticed are often the ones who seem to have dreams about Florida and maybe having visit the theme parks and believing the feeling they had at that time is how Florida is 24/7 and not realizing jobs pay less over here than in NY but that cost of living is also lower.
We get a lot of lease breaks from the lower age group who decides to move back North. Maybe job or missing family or both.

There are not many empty homes left which means a lot of people were added to the area and you can see the percentage that moved to Florida and most seem to keep driving with out of state plates.
Many of us also have seen how traffic accidents have increased and wrong way driving also increased by a lot.
For sure the roads are not sufficient for all this traffic and I wonder if it will change when the snow birds move back.
The snow birds contribute to a lot of sales tax and additional income for Florida and it is great to have them but on the roads not everyone is happy with the slow drivers, driving in the middle or left lane and creating a lot of back ups and annoyed fellow drivers.
From Europe we know that public transportation is always broke and has to get money from drivers so money to drive a car will become more costly to get drivers out of their car and into the public transportation system to get the money there....not happening as it is not convenient to add more time to get from point A to B for less money but costing double the time to first getting to the public transportation point to start the trip.
Especially near I-4 exit from I-275 is where drivers causing many traffic jams by driving slow in middle and left lane to cut off drivers in the exit lane at the last minute. If that is changed we will see less traffic jams on that road during peak times but the County doesn't seem to understand that.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:23 PM

7,774 posts, read 6,383,187 times
If you want traffic go to Miami. A few of them speak english.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:27 AM

21 posts, read 30,906 times
We can only provide our opinions on traffic and commute times from personal experiences - but everyone's perception is different. Data on the other hand never lies. Here is an article Trulia put together last month "Best & Worst Cities for Commuting" based on the U.S. Census American Community Survey data.

I found it interesting that Tampa/St. Pete didn't make it on the list in either case. But then again, I've not lived in any of the other cities they reference in the article....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay