Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 AM

37 posts, read 65,380 times

Advertisements

We recently made an offer on a home in seven oaks,which they accepted,:think we thought it was ours, but the back and forth began! Hopefully it will work out, HOWEVER, just in case it doesn't , what communities are similar, including good school, amenities, gated areas, And the closeness of the stores and shops? It seems to have it all there, which really drew us in! I'm looking in Pinellas, Hillsborough, or Pasco?

Thanks a million!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 07:11 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,607,258 times
Seven Oaks is a Crown Community Development. They are also over the design and development at WaterGrass in Wesley Chapel. Just be aware that different builders create varying price points; this is pretty obvious in new construction but not so much for used houses. You can click the link for more information about the developer and the two communities.

Other comparative master-planned communities you might like are Waterchase in Odessa, East Lake in Palm Harbor, and Westchase in Tampa. Trinity is nice if you're into golfing and Mirabay is nice if you're into boating (not sure about schools at these two, though).

Last edited by TampaKaren; 05-08-2012 at 07:32 AM..

Old 05-08-2012, 07:53 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Heritage Springs in Trinity as Tampa Karen mentioned. Grand Hampton in Tampa.

But keep in mind that Seven Oaks and some other communities in Pasco have the benefits of having lower property taxes.

Be aware that some sub communities in Seven Oaks are build very close to I-75 and you may or may not like the noise from the interstate...

Old 05-08-2012, 09:17 AM

32 posts, read 266,141 times
River Run off of 54 in Wesley Chapel is nice....convenient to everything and electric costs are cheap as you're involved with a co-op......HOA dues about $90 a month.....lower overall tax rate too.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:22 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,465,835 times
I really like the layout of that area. They are stilll building new homes in there, so would you consider one of those. High end builder of WestBay to the average builder of Ryland (I see 3 quick move ins available on their website now), and Standard Pacific Homes (1 quick move in available). Mercedes homes are very nice, but there website says they are winding down operations so not sure they will be around much longer.
Also, Heritage Isle, Cory Lake, and Live Oak. As mentioned, the homes in Hillsborough County have higher taxes. PLEASE WATCH FOR HOA AND CDD FEE's! North of Seven Oakes is Saddlebrook, Northwest across I75 (now you are on the West side) is Lexington Oaks, Grand Oaks, and Stagecoach Village. Further West off (Collier Rd) is Dupree Lakes, Plantation Palms, and Valencia Gardens.
All mentioned are Pasco County and most I know have fairly low HOA's.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM

Thank you everyone for your feedback!!! Hopefully all will work out!

Old 05-09-2012, 08:11 PM

140 posts, read 288,409 times
Hi, I'm looking for a home in the Tampa area that is safe and will let us bring our three dogs. We also enjoy gardening, any ideas?

Old 05-10-2012, 06:59 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,465,835 times
capenewfs - Are you looking at a rental or to buy? I think your rental options decrease as the number of dogs go up. As far as gardening, do you mean a large veggie garden or flowers around the house?

HOA's are fairly straight forward on what is and is not acceptable. So I would watch that. Further East in the Hillsborough and Pasco counties may suit you and there are some pockets around Odessa, Lutz, and Northern Pasco County as well.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:26 AM

Okay, we got it, contract in hand., so my search is over, good luck to everyone !!!!!

Old 05-12-2012, 02:32 PM

877 posts, read 1,914,531 times
Congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay