Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 12:44 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,012,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I agree. Oh well traffic nightmares to no end. Also as other posters have said before if they did something with the lights they could ease traffic. I cant understand why they don't. Pretty easy fix.
This is the problem I find coming from South Tampa to North Tampa under 275. The lights prevent anyone from getting anywhere around there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 12:50 PM

167 posts, read 165,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Let's be thankful Pasco at least is trying to show us they are trying to make it work, but in my opinion this additional evaluation study was a waste of time and money, nobody has or will have anytime soon money needed for this recommended alternatives (most being elevated roads)
I blame the developers (and to an extent the county commissioners for their greed for approving such projects), they are in n out quick and before you know it a road meant for 2000 residents balloons to over 20k within just a year or 2.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:22 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I agree. Oh well traffic nightmares to no end. Also as other posters have said before if they did something with the lights they could ease traffic. I cant understand why they don't. Pretty easy fix.
Contact FDOT with your request. At least you will get an official answer and explanation. They take public requests seriously.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famalam View Post
I blame the developers (and to an extent the county commissioners for their greed for approving such projects), they are in n out quick and before you know it a road meant for 2000 residents balloons to over 20k within just a year or 2.
I still do NOT understand how county departments can manage working independent from each other! My favorite example is with School Board and Department issuing more building permits. Few weeks ago Pasco County Schools announced the increase of projected enrollments. They are preparing people to deal with overcrowded schools even after new schools will be open. But how about making developers pay for much needed schools and roads prior to issuing more permits? Why Pasco County schools are surprised to see the increase in enrollment while the same County approved so many new developments and issued so many permits? They are claiming new developments are not brining enough money to cover expenses, so how about not approving anything or increase price tag? Why Pasco County residents have to struggle with traffic or overcrowded schools if County is not even benefiting from all these new houses?
From my personal experience I don't see people on Pasco County Boards caring about us people living in that County.

Old 04-12-2016, 05:11 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
I'm not going to disclose what the speed is you have to maintain to hit most green lights but sticking to the speed limit will cause you to be stuck at every red light. I finally figured out what speed limit will cause you to avoid a few of them but it is not working every where as some seem to change colors if traffic from the cross street near the light.

Old 04-12-2016, 05:17 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,080 times
Quote:
But how about making developers pay for much needed schools and roads prior to issuing more permits? Why Pasco County schools are surprised to see the increase in enrollment while the same County approved so many new developments and issued so many permits? They are claiming new developments are not bringing enough money to cover expenses, so how about not approving anything or increase price tag?
Exactly! This problem occurs across the country. There is so much money made in real estate development that it finds ways to influence the political process. The result is what you see in Pasco.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm not going to disclose what the speed is you have to maintain to hit most green lights but sticking to the speed limit will cause you to be stuck at every red light. I finally figured out what speed limit will cause you to avoid a few of them but it is not working every where as some seem to change colors if traffic from the cross street near the light.
Not sure if you are aware, but signal timing is varies by time of the day.
On the opposite side, you don't have to speed up to catch each green phase, you can decelerate and just catch the stream. Driving slow is also an option.

Synchronized signals are a heaven for racers... just saying...

Old 04-12-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Exactly! This problem occurs across the country. There is so much money made in real estate development that it finds ways to influence the political process. The result is what you see in Pasco.
I like they found another hot topic to discuss and worry about - where is the city limits for Wesley Chapel and Lutz... Or they are considering making WC as separate entity like City of Zephyrhills is. Like there are no other more important things to worry about... Try to call 911 at Pasco, you will be lucky if your call will be answered on your second attempt.... can care less for city limits when 911 is unreachable ...

Old 04-13-2016, 05:21 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Not sure if you are aware, but signal timing is varies by time of the day.
On the opposite side, you don't have to speed up to catch each green phase, you can decelerate and just catch the stream. Driving slow is also an option.

Synchronized signals are a heaven for racers... just saying...
Driving slower as you point out as an option will cause you to drive way under the speed limit causing traffic jams, nuisance to other drivers, etc.
It is just insane that there isn't a green wave for traffic lights if you stick to the speed limit.

Soon yhe new added traffic lights that are now flashing near the Suncoast will be working causing more nuisance and back ups ad every 100 yards there seems to be a traffic light.

Old 04-13-2016, 05:37 AM

167 posts, read 165,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Driving slower as you point out as an option will cause you to drive way under the speed limit causing traffic jams, nuisance to other drivers, etc.

This is just plain false and explains the psychology behind idiot speeders and these people who dip in and out of lanes during rush hour.

There has been numerous times where I have been on hillsborough ave, driven at speed limit and at the next red light saw the idiot SUV that was doing 15-20 over and dipping in and out of traffic. If you are traveling 20 miles and speed 10-15mph you might save 5minutes MAX. Is 5 minutes of your mundane life really worth putting others at risk by driving aggressively? No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay