Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 02:17 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,102 times

Advertisements

Not Brandon, but close by is Riverview and you may want to check it out , particularly the SouthShore area. A nice subdivision to check out would be Waterset. I moved here from Northern VA a few years ago and like the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider22 View Post
I've been hearing alot about St. Pete may be best for what I'm looking for. I've just heard mixed reviews that some areas really need to be avoided (most places have this though) and that traffic out of the city is insane. But good advice on the age differences. South Tampa (hyde park area) looks really cool but it seems to be a bit more expensive than the other areas to find something decent. Does anyone have experience in Brandon/Wesley Chapel/Port Richey? Just wanna see if there may be some hidden gem of an area I'm not checking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 06:09 PM

201 posts, read 194,959 times
Hi Knightrider.
I think Clearwater / St Petes might be your style BUT St. Petes has a problem - it seems there are a lot of pedestrians as well as bikers that are victims of hit and run. As in way too many. So I'd be aware walking around there.
No kids makes things easier. If you don't have pets, don't get any it will make your search harder, especially if you have certain breed dogs or more than one pet.

I am familiar with the Brandon area and I think it is much less expensive but if you've got to be in the nightlife it might not be right for you. The traffic in FL is terrible especially around Tampa. You might want to see where your girl friend is working because excess commuting might cut into the quality of life for her/you. Some commutes add a lot of time even if you aren't going far.

As far as cities go, Tampa looks like a ghost town to me, but it might be just spread out unlike Boston etc.

Old 04-25-2016, 12:37 PM

733 posts, read 759,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
The rental market here is hot, hot, hot, not to mention the peak time of the year is starting right about now and will continue through the end of the summer.

RM
Why is peak now through the end of summer? I know the Tampa area rental market has been hot for 1+ years, but I would expect winter months to be busier with all the snowbirds coming down, and summer to be a little slower. Curious why it's the reverse.

Old 04-25-2016, 02:54 PM

5,975 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMN View Post
Why is peak now through the end of summer? I know the Tampa area rental market has been hot for 1+ years, but I would expect winter months to be busier with all the snowbirds coming down, and summer to be a little slower. Curious why it's the reverse.
Snowbirds don't live in suburban areas. They either live in the Sun City area or a lot live in West Pasco and Pinellas, close to the water. That's not absolute but it is where significant numbers are located. You're not going to find a lot of retirees in places like Westchase or Fishhawk.

As for this being the peak rental period, it's because nearly all of the home rentals involve families, who typically want to move during the summer when school is out. That means they're just now giving notice about not renewing their leases and properties are coming off lease.

This is a common misconception by those who are unfamiliar with the area. Florida is no longer the land of retirees - in fact, they've become a smaller and smaller part of the demographic every year.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay