Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 05:03 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,012,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
obviously the people who enjoy the heat spend the majority of their day inside with the A/C set to 68-degrees.
Or, well, y'know... Natives.

The origins of the developmental origins theory - Barker - 2007 - Journal of Internal Medicine - Wiley Online Library
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 06:26 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
I spent the majority of the day either vertically up to my neck in 92 degree pool water or on the patio in my zero gravity reclining chair or inverted in my zero gravity recliner or laying on my bed. Basically alternating between them all, which I rinse and repeat on all the not horrible days.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:43 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I spent the majority of the day either vertically up to my neck in 92 degree pool water or on the patio in my zero gravity reclining chair or inverted in my zero gravity recliner or laying on my bed. Basically alternating between them all, which I rinse and repeat on all the not horrible days.
Not today !

Old 05-04-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Not today !
Nope. Today is all zero gravity recliner and beds. So glad I do not live in New England anymore, where it could be like this for days or weeks at a time. At least we seriously needed the rain. Back to sun and pool tomorrow.

This morning was the first time in almost three years that my dog had any reaction at all to a thunderstorm. She was actually scared. I don't know what set her off. She normally could not care less.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:30 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,838,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Nope. Today is all zero gravity recliner and beds. So glad I do not live in New England anymore, where it could be like this for days or weeks at a time. At least we seriously needed the rain. Back to sun and pool tomorrow.

This morning was the first time in almost three years that my dog had any reaction at all to a thunderstorm. She was actually scared. I don't know what set her off. She normally could not care less.
I have heard that dogs are sensitive to the static electricity in the air during storms. (they feel it at the end of their hairs). Maybe the storm just had allot of static in it this time......
Poor dog

I used to have a Golden Retriever that would hide in a closet during any storms LOLOL

Old 05-04-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
I have heard that dogs are sensitive to the static electricity in the air during storms. (they feel it at the end of their hairs). Maybe the storm just had allot of static in it this time......
Poor dog

I used to have a Golden Retriever that would hide in a closet during any storms LOLOL
Could be. It was very lightningy this time. Either that or it has just been so long since we had a good one.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:05 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,584,614 times
Looks like I will have to put my bathroom remolding on pause this weekend. This might be the last great weekend for yard work. If I put in two 10hrs days I can catch up on all the areas I have neglected these past few weeks.
Better turn the Jacuzzi up so I can soak the old bones afterwards.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:28 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Looks like I will have to put my bathroom remolding on pause this weekend. This might be the last great weekend for yard work. If I put in two 10hrs days I can catch up on all the areas I have neglected these past few weeks.
It's gonna start to nasty up by Sunday.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Go for it, but don't be surprised if we have one or two more less than summer like spells still to go. Maybe not THIS dry, but drier than it could otherwise be.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:55 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Best day of the year. Hard to believe May 6th and still a cool temp......goes away Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay