Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 05:33 AM

11 posts, read 20,386 times

Advertisements

I am also thinking about making a move to Florida. I've lived in Delaware all my life but don't really want to retire here. The past 5 years have been tragic and I'm trying to decide if a fresh start is what I need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 04:14 PM

5 posts, read 6,052 times
5ft2eyesofblue, I understand the desire for a fresh start. I hope that whatever you decide, it will create a positive future for you! I plan to work awhile longer if I can find a position in the area. I'd like to make the move to a great location now, find a home that seems a good fit for the future, then retire 'in place.' Is that what you are considering also?

Old 06-08-2016, 10:01 AM

6 posts, read 4,083 times
ChiKat, I was wondering how your search is going? I'm doing the same thing, hoping to move in August. I'm looking to rent first and then check out the area for where I want to buy. Huge life change for me! I'm very excited.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:30 PM

143 posts, read 111,405 times
magicdog16-Are you making the move by yourself? So you are planning on moving down there in approximately 2 months. Have you already visited the area or just checked it out online? I guess we'll all expect a full report after you settle in!

Old 07-06-2016, 11:14 AM

6 posts, read 4,083 times
I'm hoping to be in Dunedin in August. Not having luck Finding a place to rent near downtown Dunedin to rent. It's tough looking for stuff online when you can't go and check it out in person. I look every single day.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:47 PM

232 posts, read 348,196 times
There are really no "bad" areas of Dunedin or Palm Harbor. I'm an early retired, single woman who has lived in this area for 35 years. When I downsized, it was important to me to have a yard for my dog and to garden. It's hard to find condos with a yard. And some condos have really high maintenance fees. But I didn't want the hassle of a house. I ended up in a Safety Harbor villa community, one story, with a tiny fenced back yard and $112 a month fee. It's perfect and I will never move. If you have a question about a specific area or condo and don't want to give the address in a public post, send me a message. I would be glad to give an opinion.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:19 AM

350 posts, read 333,215 times
We live about 25 minutes from Dunedin and Palm Harbor. We love to visit there. All of the small time charm of a small town nestled up to the Gulf of Mexico.... delightful!

I do know a realtor (not me, nor related). She was "given" to us from our relocation company when we moved from southern Indiana. This lady is amazing and works for a nationally known company. She was able to find a perfect house for us. We visited two times and she kept us busy looking at potential homes. We were also able to work together long distance.

Excited for you! I LOVE TAMPA!!!

Old 07-11-2016, 03:40 AM
IT1

1 posts, read 624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiKat View Post
I'm interested in moving to the Dunedin or Palm Harbor area within a year. Finally ready to leave IL and high taxes. What drew me to this area is the Pinellas Trail and a lovely beach along with a small town atmosphere. I like to ride my bike (recreational) and love sunny weather. As a single older woman, I'd like suggestions on neighborhood areas I'd be able to purchase a home or town home, have a garden, maybe a small dog or cat. Budget: under $200,000 to buy or under $1400 monthly rent. Not 55+. Thanks in advance for your help!
I lived in Palm Harbor for over a year about three years ago and really enjoyed Palm Harbor, Dunedin and Tarpon Springs area. Looking to move back there in a year or two.

Everything is relatively close by. Went to the beach snd Dunedin or Tarpon Springs in 15 minutes on the weekend or outside of rush hours. Enjoyed riding on the Pinellas Trail and roads marked for bikes outside of rush hours.

Palm Harbor is suburban and I liked that. While I didn't live in Highland Lakes, I found myself riding, running and walking through there because of wide roads and side walks and low traffic. Would move there if I could. Not all 55+ are the same but many are. Don't automatically exclude them.

Dunedin and Tarpon are older and touristy with the beaches. Fun to walk eat and browse. Lived in PH and went there for my entertainment and change of pace.

When I go back I will likely go to PH. However if there was a good deal in Dunedin or Tarpon Springs, I would do that too. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay