Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 08:57 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times

Advertisements

While looking to buy a house in the late 80"s I looked at the Brandon, Riverview area to consider. At that time Bloomingdale was being built with houses going up streets at a time. Lots of open land to the east and south of Riverview. Common sense said traffic will only get worse out there. I live 5 minutes to 75 or the Crosstown. I have lots of friends living in the riverview area tell me that during rush hour it can take them 45 minutes just to get to brandon, where I live. Most if not all who live out there work towards the tampa area. With all that open land turning in new homes how can it get better? People need to take all that into consideration before buying a house or renting. I have no pity on people moving into an area and then complaining about traffic. Roads and infrastructure will always be years behind, so take that into consideration before picking a place to live. So while most are stuck in traffic driving towards brandon, I will be sleeping because of a calculated decision, I made years ago.
My son who now works with me bought a house in Durant. He tells me that many a time it can take him 45 minutes to get to my house due to morning traffic and school zones. Two months ago he told me he now understands why I live in West brandon. As a father that was priceless, how often does a parent get to be right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 09:03 AM

261 posts, read 260,776 times
Mr viking is 100 percent correct.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:23 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
If you decide to live close to or in any major city in the U.S., traffic will become a problem.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:14 AM

Traffic should always be a consideration when choosing a place to live. I put it into the same category as people moving to Florida and complaining about the heat

Old 06-10-2016, 11:31 AM

Location: Westchester County, NY -> Pinellas County, FL -> Dutchess County, NY -> Denver?
348 posts, read 535,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Traffic should always be a consideration when choosing a place to live. I put it into the same category as people moving to Florida and complaining about the heat
True. Heat is fine but sitting in traffic in this heat is not. It drives a lot of people crazy. It's a lot more enjoyable sitting in traffic up North when it's cold outside.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:58 AM

Mr Viking I absolutely disagree with your assertion. Traffic and Urban Sprawl is a huge quality of life issue. Traffic and commute times definitely should be taken into consideration when moving somewhere. Urban sprawl also creates safety issues especially when infrastructures are not updated appropriately and governmental services do not keep up to the growth levels.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:12 PM

809 posts, read 746,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman35 View Post
. My job is located on N. Westshore just a few blocks south of the airport (near the Starbucks at Laurel and N. Westshore).
Check out the expansion of the veterans expressway. When done, should make for an easy commute to the airport area.

Here's one article

Veterans Expressway to expand with express toll lanes in 2017 | TBO.com

Old 06-10-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
Mr Viking I absolutely disagree with your assertion. Traffic and Urban Sprawl is a huge quality of life issue. Traffic and commute times definitely should be taken into consideration when moving somewhere. Urban sprawl also creates safety issues especially when infrastructures are not updated appropriately and governmental services do not keep up to the growth levels.
Agree, so where you choose to live you should take traffic into account. Don't buy the house then complain about traffic when it was there before you bought or most obviously the potential to be after you bought.
Just like the people who buy their house near the water then are "amazed" when they get flooded after the big storm hits.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:14 PM

wow one road is expanding... lol

Old 06-10-2016, 01:18 PM

Location: Westchester County, NY -> Pinellas County, FL -> Dutchess County, NY -> Denver?
348 posts, read 535,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busca View Post
Traffic is a mess in TPA - I had an office at one Urban center, and lived in Westchase, it was still a nightmare
We almost moved to Westchase but then drove few times during busy times and the traffic wasn't moving a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay