Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 07:34 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,895,775 times

Advertisements

We need to have the small size pine bark mulch delivered & spread on top of what is left of the old mulch.

Approximately 15 yards will provide a 2" top cover around our property.

How much should I expect to pay per yard, for a company in the area to deliver & spread it?

Any company recommendations?

Thx much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 08:50 PM

46 posts, read 139,867 times
Will likely pay a minimum charge of about $250-$350. Save a lot by going to Home Depot and getting a kid to do it.

Also, not sure why someone in Florida wants to lay down a bed of termite soil! This will almost guarantee you a constant supply of "critters" that you'd rather not have. I's cheap, yes, but only for so long!

Last edited by jlts1; 05-31-2016 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: spell

Old 05-31-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlts1 View Post
Will likely pay a minimum charge of about $250-$350. Save a lot by going to Home Depot and getting a kid to do it.

Also, not sure why someone in Florida wants to lay down a bed of termite soil! This will almost guarantee you a constant supply of "critters" that you'd rather not have. I's cheap, yes, but only for so long!
I have read from many sources that pine BARK is a better mulch to put down, rather than wood mulches for termites. From what I read, termites do not like the bark part. We have yearly termite checks and no issues. Also, I have the perimeter of our house drenched in Termidor at least once a year. No bugs of any kind make it inside alive.

I am not looking at buying the mulch myself and then having a kid do it. I am looking for one stop shopping with a licensed and insured mulch company.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:20 PM

46 posts, read 139,867 times
Not sure about your info but check here:

ORGANIC mulches in a tropical climate likely will eventually cause you serious insect problems

Which Mulch is right for your garden? | Gardening Articles | Articles

Suggest you switch to a non-organic mulch like mulch made from tires (rubber) or some type of river rock. Expensive? only for the first time then you will never replace it onl add a small amount to it over the years.

However........... suit yourself if you wish to be penny-wise but pound foolish!

Old 06-01-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlts1 View Post
Not sure about your info but check here:

ORGANIC mulches in a tropical climate likely will eventually cause you serious insect problems

Which Mulch is right for your garden? | Gardening Articles | Articles

Suggest you switch to a non-organic mulch like mulch made from tires (rubber) or some type of river rock. Expensive? only for the first time then you will never replace it onl add a small amount to it over the years.

However........... suit yourself if you wish to be penny-wise but pound foolish!
I am not here to debate the topic, but I appreciate the info. We keep most of the organic mulch 18" away from the house.

Just looking for what the proper pricing should be and for company recommendations.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:49 PM

8 posts, read 14,859 times
The place i deal with in Tampa it would be around 586 bucks out the door but i dont know about delivery since i would just haul it in my trailer. You might wanna give southern landscape materials a call since they are in Pinellas to see what they say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay