Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:21 PM

384 posts, read 2,221,180 times

Advertisements

Does Lennar build good homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 07:10 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,728,178 times
Yes but very standard, with the white laminate cabinets.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:34 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,597,654 times
Lennar's slogan used to be "Everything's Included." Back in the early 2000s (maybe earlier), Lennar did a survey of home buyers asking what they wanted in a new home and what was most important. Today, all those items are included. You can probably read just what's included in the sale price on their dot com.

To the contrary, a few years ago, there were some problems with defective refrigerators at one of the Lennar developments around the Ft Myers / Naples area. I believe the product deficiencies were corrected.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:49 PM

133 posts, read 538,172 times
We just sold a Lennar home recently in Meadow Pointe and have went through the first inspection with very little defects. This particular home included all of the appliances even the washer/dryer and refrigerator which most other builders have not included in my past experiences. I felt the home was in really good shape to be new construction. We have the final walk through this week and have been told everything has been corrected from the first inspection. So they have been pretty repsonsive so far. Hope this helps!

Old 03-17-2008, 07:23 AM

81 posts, read 308,336 times
Lennar is a good builder. My wife and I considered buying their house in Heritage Isles before deciding against it due to very high CDD and hillsborough taxes - as that was pushing our budget higher. But we liked their houses. Not sure if that's how it was before but these days it is definitely not white leminate cabinets. They have everything standard - the flip side is, there is no design studio to customize. You get 42" maple cabinets, granite counter tops, cabinets in laundry and such things. I read somewhere that to better manage their cost they did it a while back so that they use the same inventory of goods everywhere they are building the houses. Now, I'm not sure if that is only for Florida/Tampa market or everywhere. But coming back to your question, yes, I personally like the builder. Also, keep in mind - they always say their prices are non-negotiable BUT they do negotiate. All you have to do is not call back for a week!

Old 03-17-2008, 10:47 AM

384 posts, read 2,221,180 times
Thanks! Yea, I bet the no-call back would get them! We are also concerned with the high CDD and Hillsborough taxes in the community we are looking at-Heritage Harbor. It does kill the deal. Good to know the homes are built well, tho.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:55 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,698,277 times
LMAO! Funny you ask because we have Lennar homes right across the street, and I have to add that they threw those town homes up! It took them no time to have more than half completed!

Old 03-17-2008, 05:37 PM

141 posts, read 754,167 times
Yea I'm a little skepticle about lennar homes. They build them so extremely fast that one may question their quality and safety. I remember when they were building Bridgewater in W.C. Took them no time to finish the last phases.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:00 AM

403 posts, read 1,193,202 times
I have a US Home, which was owned by Lennar until Lennar killed off the brand name..

I've had for a year, and no issues for the most part. We have so many upgrades included, that friends that bought new through someone else are wishing they went through Lennar. Granite, Stainless Steel, large tile, high quality carpet, sprinklers, alarms, etc etc.

I'm pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-town View Post
Yea I'm a little skepticle about lennar homes. They build them so extremely fast that one may question their quality and safety. I remember when they were building Bridgewater in W.C. Took them no time to finish the last phases.
They have to pass inspection. They wouldn't pass if they weren't safe. They build MILLIONS of homes in the US. I doubt you'll find too many people who have had safety issues living in their home, that passed inspection.

Finishing the home in short time means lower prices. Lennar is strict on time schedules and job completion.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:48 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,698,277 times
I know a few people who beg to differ about their Lennar home. They say the quality isn't there....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay