Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 01:33 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,074 times

Advertisements

[quote=SueBSouth;44776750]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
As lovely as the summer could potentially be in NY, it was brief and fickle. Here we can count on having sunshine vs. days of overcast or drizzly weather. We were boaters and bikers and it was close to impossible to plan ahead based on the weather. Everyday here we wake up and look out at blue skies and puffy clouds, experience the drama of a passing through thunderstorm. As the French say, à chacun son goût, to each his own taste. We have just learned to walk slowly and sweat gracefully.
Way to go sister.
Give me this weather over a freezing winter anytime.
My wife and I are so much fitter since we moved to Florida simply because we can get out and exercise virtually every day of the year instead of being cooped up at home for weeks on end.
Just being able to take a stroll after dinner is reward in itself.
And sundowners when the sun is going down rather than hidden behind grey clouds and horizontal rain !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 02:52 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,764,744 times
I loathe the heat, and I am a FLA native. It is a myth that you "get used to it". Everyone is different. I truly have trouble regulating my body temperature and do better in the cold.

It's a very personal choice - so many people hate the cold.

Old 07-17-2016, 03:06 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
I hate the heat pete, but would rather face this hot weather than a cold winter up north.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:01 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,523,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I agree. October is still very warm and unpleasant. Right now, it is 90, humidity is at 58% and dew point is 74 (experts say a dewpoint over 68 is "uncomfortable").

Not sure how those numbers compare with your home state? I know Louisiana can be brutal as well.
Growing up here in FL I can remember many Halloween's being too hot for a costume. I went a few years dressed as a lifeguard (shorts/ no shirt) lol.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:46 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
I remember working many years in construction in St Pete and would look forward to temperatures cooling down in the fall,but it never seemed to cool down and as a result i became continually grumpy and irritable.I ultimately ended up moving to a cooler climate.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:57 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I loathe the heat, and I am a FLA native. It is a myth that you "get used to it". Everyone is different. I truly have trouble regulating my body temperature and do better in the cold.

It's a very personal choice - so many people hate the cold.
Took me all about about a fortnight after we moved here to get used to it.
You gotta adjust our lifestyle accordingly.
Lose weight,exercise regularly,drink lots of water,eat healthy and enjoy a few drinks in the evening.
Man I love Florida even when the storms hit !

Old 07-20-2016, 04:23 AM

163 posts, read 183,773 times
I'm sure it's temporary, but it's been extremely nice at night lately. Even having a little time each day when I can go outside and feel comfortable helps. I'm not even looking for a major cool down. I'm just looking for the humidity to break a little bit and for the heat index to drop below 100.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:34 AM

131 posts, read 139,668 times
It depends. On the mainland=Tampa/Hillsborough prevailing easterly winds will make it cool down quicker, as the east wind blows over the water on it's way to Pinellas it warms up a bit and picks up moisture. When I'm snow-birding I usually use Turkey Day for Pinellas County. Open windows is what I shoot for. It's still hurricane season till December, so the water temps are still warm with plenty of evaporative moisture in the air.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:39 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,341,785 times
Yes, I asked a similar question earlier. Mid October seems to be the earliest good guess. Bottom line, not soon enough! But the winter months are perfect.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:44 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,764,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyb2013 View Post
I'm sure it's temporary, but it's been extremely nice at night lately. Even having a little time each day when I can go outside and feel comfortable helps. I'm not even looking for a major cool down. I'm just looking for the humidity to break a little bit and for the heat index to drop below 100.

You're kidding, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay