Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:59 AM

55 posts, read 735,728 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am trying to find the best areas in Florida are to move to? Where does it start getting more tropical? We are intersested in looking into Clearwater, Tarpon Springs or Tampa area..can you please tell me some of the nicer areas for families ? .can you please tell me the areas to stay away from also.. We are also concerned about sinkholes, I have read a about them and not sure if they are in certain areas or everywere in Florida and how do you check for them? Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 09:14 AM

17 posts, read 109,626 times
I really like Manatee County. Beautiful beaches, decent value in housing compared to the Pinellas and Hillsborough markets. Not as much traffic.

The beaches get prettier and the water clearer the further south you go. Big difference between Pinellas and Manatee. If you want clear blue water then look at Manatee county and south.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:57 AM

137 posts, read 550,289 times
Look at the panhandle.....beautiful beaches and I think it is a little more rural! You may not be looking for the homey/family atmosphere but if you are I think North Florida has more to offer but the job market is probably stronger the further south you go but so is everything else that goes along with mass population...higher prices, higher crime...ect... Just my 2 cents! Good Luck! Where are you coming from and why Florida?

Old 11-01-2007, 01:28 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,556 times
south florida is the most tropical, more like the islands but its an absolute zoo down there....

Old 11-01-2007, 02:18 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,098,829 times
Sinkholes can be anywhere in the state or nation for that matter. you don't know where they are until they cave in. All they are is a pond of water underneath the ground that when it dries up it collapses the ground above it.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:00 PM

177 posts, read 257,604 times
Default Bradenton

We have a bid on a house in Bradenton,not cheap.
I do wonder if people like this town.There are many positives about living up north,Autum is pretty and there is a lot to do.N York being close by.We have a nice home and live in a nice town.
The sun is calling us and getting away from the snow and ice in Winter would be a plus.
Our children are all grown but we are very young at heart and healthy.
Still,how are the hospitals there and are the people friendly.
I must admit I like Sarasota and it would be nice to get to Siesta Keys so quickly.
We are looking just to relax and enjoy ourselves.
No problem with money though we are by no means rich.
The housing market is in a slump here as it is in most places and as for crime and drugs,I don;t think you can escape that where ever you go.There is no such place as paradise,it is all what you make it.As long as you have the right ingedients and mind set.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:07 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
we live in Bradenton and some areas are very nice.. Its not a bad place to start though. East bradenton is much nicer than west, but west offers close proximity to the beaches. Everyone I talk to that lives here loves it. I just prefer East over west because their can be a bit of crime in the western area..

Old 11-02-2007, 07:22 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Yankee View Post
We have a bid on a house in Bradenton,not cheap.
I do wonder if people like this town.There are many positives about living up north,Autum is pretty and there is a lot to do.N York being close by.We have a nice home and live in a nice town.
The sun is calling us and getting away from the snow and ice in Winter would be a plus.
Our children are all grown but we are very young at heart and healthy.
Still,how are the hospitals there and are the people friendly.
I must admit I like Sarasota and it would be nice to get to Siesta Keys so quickly.
We are looking just to relax and enjoy ourselves.
No problem with money though we are by no means rich.
The housing market is in a slump here as it is in most places and as for crime and drugs,I don;t think you can escape that where ever you go.There is no such place as paradise,it is all what you make it.As long as you have the right ingedients and mind set.

There are a lot of nice places in Florida to just relax and enjoy yourself if money is not a problem and you don't have to raise kids here. Bradenton is not a bad place at all, especially if you live in the NW area where you can scoot right over the bridge to the beaches. You also are within easy driving distance to Sarasota or over the bridge to St. Pete.

Further north in Pinellas are nice smaller beach towns of Tarpon Springs, Dunedin, Safety Harbor - all have less traffic than the big cities, but are an easy distance. St. Pete is great if you need bigger city amenities. This is if you want beach towns.

There are many others in the state, I only name these as I am familiar with this area having grown up in Tampa Bay, and lived in Sarasota/Manatee. Be sure to visit all the areas, know what you have to have in an area. For myself, I like being in a community where all the amenities of daily living are nearby, with some cultural amenities and outdoor recreation.

Good luck!

Old 11-02-2007, 11:01 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,699,605 times
I lived in the Florida Keys for a few years and loved it! Although it is kinda pricey, it is way laid back and a great place to relax

Old 11-03-2007, 12:15 PM

177 posts, read 257,604 times
Default Thanks

We put a bid on a house in Bradenton. 34212,hope this is a nice area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay