Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 05:54 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,240,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
I don't see socialized medicine ever becoming a reality in this country, for a vast number of reasons. The biggest reason is that if you want something to be completely and utterly screwed up, putting the government in charge is the best way to accomplish that goal.
Agree with you. I was pontificating based on post from Spring Hillian who's opinion on what Dems voted for ACA. It's a great sound bite, but the way it was achieved is not a solution. Just further supporting that putting the government in charge is the best way to screw things up. ACA doesn't have a chance of being successful unless the solution cuts deep into the real problems, all we get today is middle class getting screwed once again. Stepping down from the podium.... next up please...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 08:01 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Bottom line is we should have a single payer system and end of story. Dems actually buckled and we got what we got, which is half cooked. I ain't liking the taste much . It is very well documented all over the world that developed countries spend less per GDP than us and cover everybody, I mean everybody. Is that a rocket science? The republican have nada solution except to oppose whatever the other party propose and b**** about it. Is ACA the end of it all? Of course not. Can we improve on it? Of course we can and we should. Are we better off than where were before ACA? You betcha! That's is the hard fact that many can't swallow and keep repeating the talking points of you know who.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:45 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,240,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
The republican have nada solution except to oppose whatever the other party propose and b**** about it.
I guess you missed this 37 page proposal that the Republicans in the House released in late June. It not only touches on Obamacare, it also includes Medicare and Medicaid. Now you may not like what they proposed but it clearly contradicts your factless opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Are we better off than where were before ACA? You betcha! That's is the hard fact that many can't swallow and keep repeating the talking points of you know who.
Actually I don't think "we" are (meaning the global US population), but I guess that's hard for you to swallow. This article touches on many of the shortcomings and wholeheartedly differs with your opinion. And another Forbes article that also seems to hold a different opinion than you.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:45 PM

261 posts, read 260,776 times
My Car insurance went down 80 bucks after leaving that dump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay