U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 08:46 PM

134 posts, read 477,503 times

Advertisements

Looking for a Good Tax person who has a history of being approachable, flexible, proactive in saving as much money as possible without breaking tax laws? Someone that isn't only a data entry preparer but give great pointers and looks out for their clients best interest. Also someone that keeps good records is organized and responsive along with quick with the return.

If you know of one please provide their info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 09:39 PM

18 posts, read 71,995 times
I would say me, but I have not moved to the area yet. <grin> I am currently visiting to look at the area and investigate employment opportunities. And I just completed 3 returns for family members.

Perhaps there is enough demand to start my own business. I am considering it in California where I live now. How many other people are looking for a new tax preparer? My philosophy is I am the referee. The IRS wants your money, and you would like to keep your money. My job is to make sure the rules are followed, and that means pointing out legal ways the rules apply to my customers.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:30 AM

1 posts, read 4,363 times
Default wesley chapel tax

have you tried here?:
Tax Preparer Tampa | Tax Hillsborough | Pasco | Tax Services Tampa
they're in your area

Old 03-08-2008, 09:53 AM

134 posts, read 477,503 times
Wink Found a Great Tax Preparer

I finally found a great Tax Preparer.

She is located in Tampa. When I went to her, I was expecting the typical drop off the paper work and I'll get it back to you as soon as I can. Well, I went and we sat down and she actually completed the paper work right in front of me. She explained everything she was doing and I actually understood what was done. I am so use to the data entry, get back to you when I can tax preparers but not her. In addition, she is an actual CPA which tells me she has some sort of studies behind her. Well, Thanks for all the great recommendations, but I think I am good.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:30 AM

3 posts, read 13,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSCCS View Post

She is located in Tampa. When I went to her, I was expecting the typical drop off the paper work and I'll get it back to you as soon as I can. Well, I went and we sat down and she actually completed the paper work right in front of me. She explained everything she was doing and I actually understood what was done. I am so use to the data entry, get back to you when I can tax preparers but not her. In addition, she is an actual CPA which tells me she has some sort of studies behind her. Well, Thanks for all the great recommendations, but I think I am good.
Hey, I am in Wesley Chapel too and looking for an accountant... Who did you get?? Can you refer her to me??/ Let me know soon!! Thanks. Ron

Old 04-01-2011, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,963 times
Default Is this person still an Accountant in Tampa?

Can you provide details of this person or someone else that does a good job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSCCS View Post

Old 04-02-2011, 07:53 AM

121 posts, read 349,190 times
I studied accounting, but I work in finance. how complicated is you tax return? If you don't have a business or trade stocks. I would recommend you just use tax software.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,730 times
can you provide the name of this tax person?

Old 10-24-2011, 11:25 PM

10,202 posts, read 6,529,959 times
May I suggest you need to analysis your needs.

If your looking for someone to do bookkeeping only, that is one skill set. I you want someone to assist you in making sense out of the numbers, that is another.

How complex is your situation? In some cases, you should use no one else but a CPA, in others a competent (NOT H&R type!!!!) tax preparer. Corporate or personal?

How long is a piece of string???

What I am saying, it really depends on your situation and circumstances. As the saying goes, you can get it two out of three ways but you need to choose: good, cheap, fast.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:39 AM

350 posts, read 272,307 times
Can't recommend Gilman and Ciocia enough...Dale Mabry and Bearss....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or