U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 02:22 AM

2 posts, read 8,577 times

Advertisements

Hi we are a military family who has orders to Jacksonville our son has ADHD/ODD and PDD so we will need to have him attend a school geared for LD students. At the moment he attends LD programs in NY can someone please help us we have heard that the schools in Jax are not good is this true? Please help we need to find a school for next year 2010 when we are do to move. What can anyone tell me about Jax?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 07:40 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,190,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuleska View Post
Hi we are a military family who has orders to Jacksonville our son has ADHD/ODD and PDD so we will need to have him attend a school geared for LD students. At the moment he attends LD programs in NY can someone please help us we have heard that the schools in Jax are not good is this true? Please help we need to find a school for next year 2010 when we are do to move. What can anyone tell me about Jax?
You will probably get a better response if you post for Jacksonville area. This is for the Tampa area.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:01 PM

55 posts, read 208,996 times
We live in Largo, FL. and discovered a wonderful, christian based school for special kids, at the Family Cafe convention in Orlando. kids called, "Esther's School". It is located in St. Pete. I don't know if this is anything you might be interested in but just in case, here is the link: Esther's School - Exceptional Education For Exceptional Students
Good Luck!

Old 10-14-2009, 09:44 PM

7 posts, read 11,781 times
Are there any schools located in Tampa?

Old 10-25-2009, 05:39 PM

3 posts, read 10,876 times
Tampa Day School in Tampa Florida is on one of the best schools around. Very small class sizes, teachers are great and the staff is just as nice. They have their act together. My daughter went there for a year and my husband was transferred. I am in a school here in Orlando that is great, just not a school for her. Tampa Day is expensive but so is evey other LD, SLD or Special Ed. school. I wish I could go back to Tampa Day school tomorrow.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinep View Post
Tampa Day School in Tampa Florida is on one of the best schools around. Very small class sizes, teachers are great and the staff is just as nice. They have their act together. My daughter went there for a year and my husband was transferred. I am in a school here in Orlando that is great, just not a school for her. Tampa Day is expensive but so is evey other LD, SLD or Special Ed. school. I wish I could go back to Tampa Day school tomorrow.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:20 PM

I wish Tampa Day School would open a school here in the Orlando area. It has everything you need. It has NO surprises. The children are all there for the same reason. It provides a great foundation for these kids to learn how to socialize and learn at the same time. I have sat on this computer for months trying to find a school for my daughter to go to here in the Oviedo/Orlando area that has the same backing of Tampa Day School. Either the children have severe behavior issues or there are too many children that are non-verbal. (5 out of 15 children) I am looking for the middle down the road school and cannot find one. I am hoping someone on this forum has suggestions. I am really struggling here trying to find the some what perfect fit or close to good fit. She is not autistic, she is ADHD, anxiety, dyslexia, expressive and receptive language disorder and I'm sure the more professionals she sees the more we could add on. She needs peers just like her to learn how to socialize. She is severely struggling in that area. All my outside activities in the world are not helping, trust me, I am doing everything. HELP!!

Old 01-27-2011, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,050 times
Default Orlando School

Hi Kristen, Did you ever find a school for your daughter..my daughter has many of the same issues....Any information would be helpful...Thanks.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,652 times
Default In need of an ADHD elementary school in Orlando, FL

I was so excited to read that you are an administrator for a private school specializing in Special education. My nephew who is four has been diagnosed with ADHD and it's pretty bad. He is very smart, but is not able to focus or stay still. My sister lives in Orlando, FL and feels like she has no other choice, but to put him in public school. Currently, he is in pre-school and they have already informed her that they are having problems controlling him. Do you know of any specialized (ADHD) schools in Orlando?

Old 11-20-2011, 11:51 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,190,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD Aunt View Post
I was so excited to read that you are an administrator for a private school specializing in Special education. My nephew who is four has been diagnosed with ADHD and it's pretty bad. He is very smart, but is not able to focus or stay still. My sister lives in Orlando, FL and feels like she has no other choice, but to put him in public school. Currently, he is in pre-school and they have already informed her that they are having problems controlling him. Do you know of any specialized (ADHD) schools in Orlando?
You should probably post this in the Orlando forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay