Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 04:49 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
As much as I like the Tampa Airport - it's so representative of our "shyteholery".

Who wants to be strafed by airplane noise in the middle of the night or early morning. TPA is in the middle of our area. And they'll probably add a third runway to straff even more communities.

Be honest, in some part of your mind don't you think that Tampa is a scumbucket?

I once lived in South Tampa. The flooding was obscene. Running along Bayshore made you gag. But at least it seems that Bayshore has been cleaned up to not smell so bad.
I hate all of Tampa minus Danashores and southTampa. Most of it is like TNC and lower class and run down.

I loved the planes flying over our house in Danashores when i was kid before the new TIA was built in the 60's. Back then they had scream planes , AKA 707's that puked out thick black smoke. Our house was on the county and city line and that lined up with the east west runway at the old Tampa airport. Planes would land and take off over our house every few mins, they were only like 400ft high when they landed. And when a smokey 707 took off it would shake the house. Back then we had the great 707's, 727's and Stretch DC8's and the little DC9's that all had thick black smoke.

Never cared for the Bayshore area where dead bodie parts were dumped by the hospital back in the day. Tampa was so much better in the 60's before TNC got ruined.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:18 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Tampa was so much better in the 60's before TNC got ruined.
Well, TNC isn't in Tampa, so...

Old 10-16-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Well, TNC isn't in Tampa, so...
It's the Tampa area. Anything within 15 miles of TIA is Tampa in my book and just like last week you need to buy clues drew. Plus i never said TNC was Tampa.

Last edited by LKJ1988; 10-16-2016 at 05:50 PM..

Old 10-16-2016, 05:37 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_visiting 9 View Post
I'm wondering if the title for this thread will grab anyone's attention. We're moving away from Brandon, away from FL. It was nice upon arrival then.....meh! at best. Now, granted that Brandon is not Glitter City and it's crowded but it was impossible to find anything of interest here.

Voice in, has anyone else had a tough time finding things of interest....real interest?

There are some good spots, but you've got to drive 30-45 minutes to get there. Otherwise, lots of cars, incredibly long red lights, and a stuck in the suburbs vibe.

Go ahead, have at it / me.
Well good luck, and I hope you will find what you are looking for. Life is too short to live where you are miserable.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:41 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
To the op where are you moving to?

Old 10-16-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
To the op where are you moving to?
Lets hope it's not west Pasco.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:07 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,798 times
I guess the op's forum name says it all then.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:48 AM

76 posts, read 108,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student66 View Post
I cannot disagree. Brandon, and many if not most parts of Tampa are all turning, or have turned, into one long line of gridlock fume spewing cars. Who wants to spend their precious time caught in gridlock, day in and day out? Life is too short.
it's getting that way in so many places, not just here.....but here is kind of acute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMachineshop View Post
Once Wonderful Florida has been ruined by a steady influx of people of mediocre quality over the past 30 years.

not sure about that, kind of judgmental I'd say.

I originally chose Brandon because a company moved me down to do a project in Plant City. Lakeland was not attractive and seemed to have too many ghetto areas. Tampa would make the commute hellish and in between was a lot of rural and/or disadvantaged areas. Therefore, Brandon won out so my wife would be close to conveniences.

To the people who asked, moving up to New England.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:05 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_visiting 9 View Post
it's getting that way in so many places, not just here.....but here is kind of acute.

not sure about that, kind of judgmental I'd say.

I originally chose Brandon because a company moved me down to do a project in Plant City. Lakeland was not attractive and seemed to have too many ghetto areas. Tampa would make the commute hellish and in between was a lot of rural and/or disadvantaged areas. Therefore, Brandon won out so my wife would be close to conveniences.

To the people who asked, moving up to New England.
That's quite a change...well good luck! Just remember don't move to an armpit area of New England and then blame the entire region for you poor choice.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:11 AM

569 posts, read 1,058,872 times
I don't know about Brandon - I've never been there and don't see any reason to go - but I live in Pinellas and think there's plenty of things to do here. Sure, the DC area had more, but it also had more people competing for it and cost a lot. Additionally, I like being able to walk outside to beautiful sunny weather with palm trees, flowers, stork-like birds (egrets?), a nice breeze, beautiful sunsets, and other calming things almost every day. To each their own. I hope you enjoy New England. Personally, that's way too cold for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay