Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 04:45 PM

175 posts, read 636,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Great advice^^^. I would definitely check out those neighborhoods on the west side of St. Pete. However I can't speak to the schools, St. Pete is just not known for their schools. IMO, the best areas to live for good schools will be south Tampa or Westchase. OP, is there a reason why your business needs to be in St. Pete?
I researched DT Tampa and DT St Pete. I looked into other areas too but really kept coming back to the DT areas for the walkable areas to restaurants, running paths, nightlife, etc. I tend to hire young professionals and typically these are some of the boxes that need to be checked to aide recruiting.

I really got a good vibe in DT St Pete. I thought DT Tampa was fine, but really enjoyed St Pete.

That's the only reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 04:18 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,161,239 times
I'd avoid having to make that Tampa/St Pete commute on a daily basis,it will get old real fast.
If your move is dependant on schools then pick the school then research the area.=
https://www.google.ca/search?site=&s...k1.cktb7gOYUIA

Old 11-10-2016, 05:48 AM

175 posts, read 636,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'd avoid having to make that Tampa/St Pete commute on a daily basis,it will get old real fast.
If your move is dependant on schools then pick the school then research the area.=
https://www.google.ca/search?site=&s...k1.cktb7gOYUIA
My work is bringing my family to the area. First priority is making sure I pick a location that I can recruit long-term in.

I get where everyone is coming from and am appreciative of the feedback but most are missing the point on my initial question. I asked to provide areas that could check the boxes for us given the criteria listed AND was not an awful commute to DT St Pete. In January it will be my 4th visit in less than 6 months. We've done our research on where to setup shop professionally - now I'm trying to get my research done on where to plant roots personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay