Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2016, 07:06 AM

269 posts, read 607,466 times

Advertisements

I am considering buying a lot or a small house in St Petersburg

But as i understand, when i am not there, i need to maintain the garden or the empty lot or i will get a fine.

Is this correct?

How much does lawn service cost?

Someone who comes there once a week or once a month (or how much is necessary?) to cut the grass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 06:55 AM

163 posts, read 183,671 times
I'm not sure about the fine part, but you'll definitely have some angry neighbors if you don't take care of your lawn. There is a house down the street from me that is vacant most of the year, and it's such an eyesore because the owners do the bare minimum.

I've had excellent luck using the NextDoor website for lawn care. I've had two people come cut my grass the day I contacted them and charge me $10/each (we have a really small, straightforward yard). One time I saw a guy cutting my neighbors grass and offered him $10 to cut our yard. It typically needs a trim once a month.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:04 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
In Gulfport, there are fines for tall grass. If a snowbird lets their lawn grow while away, the City will levy a fine, and then it will mow the lawn and send a pricey bill for that service.

I have a 10K foot lot, most of it lawn, with a lot of landscaping, patios, walkways. The lawn cutting is straightforward, but it's the edging and blowing that takes more time.

I pay $120 a month year round; it is mowed weekly in summer, 2x a month in fall and spring, 1x a month in winter. I am not a snowbird, but we travel extensively (months at a time this past summer); I do not have to call/remind the service I use. He has never let us down.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:00 AM

Its a lot of difference between $10 per month and $120 per month.

For $10 per month and one time per month, i can pay them 12 month in advance, no problem :-)

Old 11-21-2016, 11:01 AM

Could they send me a photo every month for verification that the jobs been done?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay