Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 08:02 PM

461 posts, read 554,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardo View Post
I would never live anywhere on the southside except maybe Gulfport. I don't care how much they "gentrify" it. Child's Park in the late 90s early 00s is one of the worst neighborhoods ive ever had the displeasure or experiencing and being in anywhere I've ever been. You know southside st Pete is ruff cause national gangs don't even exist there. They were not able to establish themselves on the southside. They tried, but anyone who came down from chicago or LA trying to establish turf in st Pete got quickly shipped back home in a pine box.

I really do love the Tyrone area however. It's not far from a lot of great stuff and the backyards are very big. I loved living over there.
Ya and even Gulfport is questionable too.

So you know all about what happened in S St Pete huh? so who else tried to go to S St Pete? other black gangs or latino ones? If this be the case, S St Pete could be one of the roughest hoods in the nation then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 10:20 PM

163 posts, read 130,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSota14 View Post
Ya and even Gulfport is questionable too.

So you know all about what happened in S St Pete huh? so who else tried to go to S St Pete? other black gangs or latino ones? If this be the case, S St Pete could be one of the roughest hoods in the nation then.
Most major gangs from most major cities tried to establish sets in st Pete during the crack era. None of them were able to pull it off. The only other cities I know where that happened was New Orleans, Detroit, and of course chicago and LA where most of the major gangs are originally from.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardo View Post
Most major gangs from most major cities tried to establish sets in st Pete during the crack era. None of them were able to pull it off. The only other cities I know where that happened was New Orleans, Detroit, and of course chicago and LA where most of the major gangs are originally from.
Wow that's up there then. Personally though I think the area is going downhill and this thing in St Pete, this revitalization will only end up being a big bubble. It doesn't look like the blacks on the southside are giving in that easily and are just doing a combination of protesting and playing the waiting game. They know its hard for them to penetrate anything where family members the top 1% roam around regularly and have the money to make it what it is.. so they'll wait for a crack, then jump in probably.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:17 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,748,990 times
If you want to live in a conservative area, you need to live in northern Pinellas county.

Places like Palm Harbor, East Lake and Crystal Beach, very strong conservative area and then you have great areas that are 50/50, Dunedin, Safety Harbor, Oldsmar and Tarpon Springs.

Lots of great schools and churches.

St Pete downtown is cool to visit though, It's 100% different then downtown Tampa, which is basically a ghost town after 5pm everyday. Only 7,000 people live in downtown Tampa and St. Pete downtown is around 20,000.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:20 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,441,091 times
You would probably find the pan handle a better fit than Tampa, St. Pete.

Old 12-01-2016, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
You would probably find the pan handle a better fit than Tampa, St. Pete.
Tampa/St Pete is a wannabe L.A now I hate to say. All the Californians are packing up the moving van and coming, even some from SF who want beach living without paying the L.A costs too could also be coming so get ready.. FL will be getting ultra crowded soon. I see it.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:33 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,831 times
As a full-time Gulfport resident for 3+ years, all I can say is: We LOVE it here in the historic waterfront district with our cute brick streets. We walk almost nightly to our choice of 12+ non-chain restaurants, with no safety issues (most everyone we run into at night is out walking their dogs or jogging, walking, bicycling.

Live one block from Boca Ciega Bay where we walk along the shore daily and see dolphins, pelicans, shorebirds, osprey, wild parrots (and an occasional manatee). If you haven't been in Gulfport lately, we just reopened our beach parking lot which is now set with lovely pavers, new landscaping, lighting, etc.

We have a weekly daytime market (Tuesdays) and twice monthly evening Art Walks (First Fridays and Third Saturdays). There is ALWAYS some sort of event every weekend, year round.

For more info and pictures, go here:
Gulfport Merchants Association

And if we so desire, we are a 14 minute drive from DTSP for more eateries and events. 25 minutes from Tampa International Airport which makes travel very easy. 20 minutes to the best beach in St. Pete area (Pass a Grille). Can't beat Gulfport's location and amenities with such a cool small town vibe.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:27 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,831 times
Oh...and as always, FREE parking anywhere in Gulfport. And when there are events, the City runs FREE trolley rides from nearby parking areas.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:45 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,012,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSota14 View Post
Tampa/St Pete is a wannabe L.A now I hate to say. All the Californians are packing up the moving van and coming, even some from SF who want beach living without paying the L.A costs too could also be coming so get ready.. FL will be getting ultra crowded soon. I see it.
Do you live in the same Tampa/St Pete the rest of us do?

Old 12-01-2016, 09:11 AM

10 posts, read 8,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Do you live in the same Tampa/St Pete the rest of us do?
no he lives in "imaginary" Florida since all of his post about the Tampa Bay area are negative and quite sarcastic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay