Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Cuban 18 52.94%
Grouper 16 47.06%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 08:43 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,013,584 times

Advertisements

Yeah, this shouldn't even be a debate. Cuban all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 03:16 PM

461 posts, read 554,625 times
Grouper sandwiches to me are only good once in awhile but not to pay a premium for. I got some in the frozen fish section before and truthfully, it was alright but I don't see the draw with it that Haddock doesn't have at the very least. Its better than Tilapia but not worth the hype otherwise I don't think.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:29 PM

30,430 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSota14 View Post
Grouper sandwiches to me are only good once in awhile but not to pay a premium for. I got some in the frozen fish section before and truthfully, it was alright but I don't see the draw with it that Haddock doesn't have at the very least. Its better than Tilapia but not worth the hype otherwise I don't think.
It's good if you eat the same day you catch it like i do.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:04 PM

163 posts, read 130,100 times
If you ever move away from Florida. You will miss the fish you used to eat here, even if you were not fond of it when you were a Florida resident.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardo View Post
If you ever move away from Florida. You will miss the fish you used to eat here, even if you were not fond of it when you were a Florida resident.
It depends on what you got your fill of I think.. If you go somewhere where you know you like the seafood better then it wont be an issue I don't think. I cant picture for instance ever going to MA, having lobster and all this other seafood at my fingertips or better yet, the Pacific NW and then missing Grouper from Tampa area. I never ever can see doing that to be honest because these other places are so rich in seafood and have more choices... better crab as well.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:12 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,225,879 times
I'll take Lake Erie yellow perch or walleye any day. Nothing here even comes close.

Last edited by FLHfan; 11-25-2016 at 05:41 AM..

Old 11-25-2016, 09:23 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSota14 View Post
It depends on what you got your fill of I think.. If you go somewhere where you know you like the seafood better then it wont be an issue I don't think. I cant picture for instance ever going to MA, having lobster and all this other seafood at my fingertips or better yet, the Pacific NW and then missing Grouper from Tampa area. I never ever can see doing that to be honest because these other places are so rich in seafood and have more choices... better crab as well.
I've lived in both WA state and FL (for years now). PNW seafood is mostly salmon, rockfish, flounder, king crab and other cold water species.

I think FL has slightly better seafood and the fish tends to be fresher(boats bring in fresh fish daily,in the Keys, South FL, Tampa, Jax..people fish all the time here (most of the PNW seafood comes/is shipped from Alaska to places like Seattle/Portland.))

Btw, recently I've suspended GoPro's in various places in the Puget Sound and hardly saw any fish(??) I was always puzzled by that and the health of the ecosystem there(for examples they've been having massive die offs of sunflower seastars/starfish.) OTOH, you suspend a GoPro at the Skyway fishing piers and you'll be amazed at the amount of fish roaming the area.

Chad Crawford from 'How to do Florida' showcases FL and its seafood nicely. That guy is the best advertisement for FL.

Old 12-01-2016, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
I've lived in both WA state and FL (for years now). PNW seafood is mostly salmon, rockfish, flounder, king crab and other cold water species.

I think FL has slightly better seafood and the fish tends to be fresher(boats bring in fresh fish daily,in the Keys, South FL, Tampa, Jax..people fish all the time here (most of the PNW seafood comes/is shipped from Alaska to places like Seattle/Portland.))

Btw, recently I've suspended GoPro's in various places in the Puget Sound and hardly saw any fish(??) I was always puzzled by that and the health of the ecosystem there(for examples they've been having massive die offs of sunflower seastars/starfish.) OTOH, you suspend a GoPro at the Skyway fishing piers and you'll be amazed at the amount of fish roaming the area.

Chad Crawford from 'How to do Florida' showcases FL and its seafood nicely. That guy is the best advertisement for FL.
For overall living how did you like Seattle area to Tampa area?

Personally as I get older the key factors I look for is economic stability, less A-holes too. FL has a LOT.

Old 12-01-2016, 04:33 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Rednecks / Southerners eat common fish like Grouper so no wonder they like toilet fish from a lake.

Cuban all the way.

Old 12-01-2016, 04:42 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,220 times
Never tasted a grouper sandwich, but grouper is a tad lame in taste for a sandwich...

Snapper sounds better for a sandwich, and the traditional tuna sandwich much better.

But what about Kingfish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay