Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 04:29 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
Back to the original topic..... OP needs to update the thread to say "Can't believe I have my AC running in mid- december and early January"
Another record breaker. Just won't end and goes to prove my point that my avg temps have gone up 2.36 degrees in just the last 12 years. You can buy all the hog wash from the so call pros all you want. You can look at my posting history on here and see i am always right about whatever i say about the weather heather.

We are in trouble and for people 30 years from now and later it is gonna be sad. Hope i am long dead by then fred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
My point is global warming may have nothing to do with mankind. I don't think there was much evidence that mankind caused the global flooding thousands of years ago in the days of Noah's Arc, assuming that story is true. I'm not sure how anyone could be 100% certain that the sea level will keep rising during the next 30 years (or whatever long term time span you want to use), with no change in that pattern, causing 80% of Florida to be under water in the long term future, with absolute certainty.
The warming is caused by our planets orbit change that comes every 2.3 million years. Our orbit will vary over the years. Just a few millions miles can make a big change. Also the suns output does vary.

This is not man made warming. Plus FL has been under water a few times over millions of years. We are coming up on the next round within 320 years at the rate sea levels will rise as only a few places in FL will not be under water.

Old 01-02-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
Up until Jan 3rd is still early January The trend into Jan 11th is interesting, maybe we'll be back into 80's by mid-Jan? Hopefully settling back to average, let's see how accurate the forecast is. Keep smiling...
We have had warm Jans before. Look at Jan 1988 and Jan 1989, look at how cold Dec 89 was and then BOOM , Jan and the winter of 1990 was very warm. I keep all this in my head so sometimes near 40 years of my weather records i keep in my head get screwed up sometime. But anyone one is free to look up whatever i say jay.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:21 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,276,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
The warming is caused by our planets orbit change that comes every 2.3 million years. Our orbit will vary over the years. Just a few millions miles can make a big change. Also the suns output does vary.

This is not man made warming. Plus FL has been under water a few times over millions of years. We are coming up on the next round within 320 years at the rate sea levels will rise as only a few places in FL will not be under water.
If most of the sea level changes take over 20 years to occur, it sounds like good news! If it takes 100 years for the climate changes to occur, everyone that is alive today will be gone, most will be long gone.

I think that the most serious problems in the long term future will be the complete or partial destruction of the US, and the planet from nuclear war, probably started by the radical terrorists and extremists. Albert Einstein was very smart and very good at predicting the future. Albert Einstein could not see human life on the planet past 2060. If Albert Einstein's predictions are correct, then some kind of a global calamity may occur before the 320 year timeframe.

In the much shorter timeframe, it looks like cooler temperatures later this week and next week. Right now, it looks like 100% chance of rain on Saturday.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:56 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,241,662 times
Quote:
If most of the sea level changes take over 20 years to occur, it sounds like good news! If it takes 100 years for the climate changes to occur, everyone that is alive today will be gone, most will be long gone.

I think that the most serious problems in the long term future will be the complete or partial destruction of the US, and the planet from nuclear war, probably started by the radical terrorists and extremists. Albert Einstein was very smart and very good at predicting the future. Albert Einstein could not see human life on the planet past 2060. If Albert Einstein's predictions are correct, then some kind of a global calamity may occur before the 320 year timeframe.

In the much shorter timeframe, it looks like cooler temperatures later this week and next week. Right now, it looks like 100% chance of rain on Saturday.
Agree, ebbs and flows of the water level is naturally occurring. Several years back Chicago area was concerned about rising water level in Lake Michigan. Move forward several years and they were now concerned with decreasing water levels and the erosion that had occurred. There are some who think the water is not rising, but maybe the state is sinking (maybe too many snowbirds ).

Old 01-04-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:

We will a huge drop in temps very soon thanks to a world wide nuke war. That will only stop the warming for 4 to 5 years then it is going up and way. I won't be holding my hand out for any REAL rain Sat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay