Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 06:53 PM

7,770 posts, read 6,376,660 times

Advertisements

It was a bitter cold 60 degrees this morning when I got up.

It is winter, the snowbirds are everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 11:50 AM

383 posts, read 343,181 times
When the water temperature is going to increase? I was hoping to take up swimming in april bit it seems water is not warming enough by april..
Do you suppose it is possible to have water temperature in april at 73F?

Old 02-02-2017, 04:17 PM

461 posts, read 554,198 times
Good you can have Clearwater. You will certainly find other tradeoffs that its not such a nice place and you'll only be trading for warm weather. I lived up toward Clearwater on the Largo Clearwater corridor there and it was horrible.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:19 PM

461 posts, read 554,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
Movingonward, good luck with your move! The polar express is visiting us now in Minnesota, below zero temperatures and very nasty wind chills. The nasty winter weather may be visiting you soon. I wish my countdown was down to 12 months, but it isn't. Another two Minnesota winters to go for me after this winter is over!

Maybe a little crowded in the Miami area, but the rest of Florida has a lot of room. Try visiting Southern California sometime. The population density is much higher there. Try driving across LA during rush hours. Rush hours in LA are much longer, and much worse than Florida! After you visit Southern California, you'll appreciate less population density in Florida!
LOOK JUST BECAUSE ITS LESS SO DOWN HERE DOESNT MAKE IT MUCH LESS A PROBLEM. California of course is worse BUT it doesn't mean that it can never get like that here.. IT WILL and some of it has. I hate these excuses like "Oh it could be a lot worse" or "You'll be thankful to get back to this" like theres nothing wrong with it now. A lot of you dreamers are something else.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:23 PM

153 posts, read 196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSota14 View Post
LOOK JUST BECAUSE ITS LESS SO DOWN HERE DOESNT MAKE IT MUCH LESS A PROBLEM. California of course is worse BUT it doesn't mean that it can never get like that here.. IT WILL and some of it has. I hate these excuses like "Oh it could be a lot worse" or "You'll be thankful to get back to this" like theres nothing wrong with it now. A lot of you dreamers are something else.

Florida is seriously getting packed. Before I left Orlando last year, the city council approved a 5,200 home subdivision on the east side of the city--it was probably the last stretch of rural wilderness that Orlando (city proper) had to offer.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:26 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaboy92 View Post
Florida is seriously getting packed. Before I left Orlando last year, the city council approved a 5,200 home subdivision on the east side of the city--it was probably the last stretch of rural wilderness that Orlando (city proper) had to offer.
lol, y'all are becoming more like your neighbors in Broward and miami dade everyday

Old 02-02-2017, 04:38 PM

153 posts, read 196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
lol, y'all are becoming more like your neighbors in Broward and miami dade everyday
I just don't find the appeal in massive overdevelopment. Caters to some, but not me, personally. Humans aren't meant to live like sardines.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:42 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,018,629 times
LOL. Silly. Our "winter" ended last December.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:58 AM

383 posts, read 343,181 times
I guess OP has meant "winter is a part of year you aren`t able to swimming and sunbathing")

Old 02-05-2017, 12:15 PM

663 posts, read 1,144,053 times
If you're looking for warm winters, you may want to look further south. Our winters are a little too chilly for me. You are almost garaunteed to need at least a sweat shirt every night in winter, and probably half the days.
I preferred a sweatshirt to be the exception in winter, not the norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay