U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 12:20 PM

68 posts, read 265,888 times

Advertisements

This is accumulated from what I've read in various newspapers:

The Grove (SR54 & BBD area) - Phase I and II nearly complete. Several stores including Best Buy, Toys R Us, Dicks Sporting Goods, etc are already open. Michaels, PetSmart, Ulta, Ross, coming soon. The Cobb Theatre megaplex should also be open within 3-6 months.

The Shops at Wiregrass (SR56 & BBD) - Opening date scheduled for October 2008. They're in the middle of construction now. This mall will be anchored by Macy's, Dillard's, and JCPenney. A tentative list of shops from county records are:

Aeropostale, Aerosoles, Aldo, American Eagle, Apple, Aveda, Banana Republic, Bandolino, Barnes and Noble Bath & Body Works, Bebe, The Body Shop, Brighton, Brookstone, Lane Bryant/Cacique, Buckle Inc., Build-A-Bear Workshop, Cache, Champs, The Children’s Place, Club Libby Lu, Coach, Coldwater Creek, Crabtree & Evelyn, Dillards, Everything But Water, Finish Line, Forever XXI, Francesca’s Collection, Gordon’s Jewelers, Gymboree, Hollister, Hot Topic, J.Crew, J.Jill, Kay Jewelers, Lady Foot Locker, Lenscrafters, Limited Too, Macy's, Marks And Morgan, Motherhood Maternity, New York & Company, Origins, PacSun, Paiva, Paul’s Cafe, The Picture People, Pottery Barn, Charlotte Russe, Select Comfort, Sephora, Sharper Image, Solstice Sunglass Boutique, Soma by Chico’s, Starbucks, Talbots, Ann Taylor Loft, White House Black Market, Williams-Sonoma, Victoria’s Secret, Zales.

Cypress Creek Town Center (SR56 and I75) - Still in the earth-moving phase, this mall was slowed by environmental challenges that appear to have been dismissed. Investigators came in and found no infractions. Opening for this mall will be some time in 2009.

SR 56 Extension eastward to Meadow Pointe Blvd - Supposed to begin work on March 10 and be completed 18 months later. This will provide a much needed third ingress/egress from Meadow Pointe. This road has been delayed so many times that I'll believe they're starting when I see them actually moving dirt.

Bruce B Downs widening to SR54 - Supposed to begin this spring. The BBD/SR56 intersection will reportedly have 3 left turn lanes in each direction.

SR54 widening west of I75 - This seemingly never-ending project is slated to be completed by April 27.

SR54 widening west of I75 - The portion west of Curley Road is slated to be widened beginning Spring 2009.

Others coming to Wesley Chapel Starbucks just opened in the Shoppes of New Tampa (which is actually in WC). Carrabba's should be opening soon right in front of Meadow Pointe, and Five Guys should be enlarging my waistline sometime in early 2009.

I personally am excited about the growth in WC, not only because I'm opening a preschool in the area, but also because I enjoy having amenities close by! I just hope the infrastructure can keep up, which is of course the million-dollar question.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 12:40 PM

436 posts, read 1,249,943 times
I live in Odessa which is not too far away to enjoy the shopping, but far enough away to be away from the traffic. Love it, love it, love it!

Old 02-29-2008, 05:44 PM

26,789 posts, read 41,478,459 times
Thanks for this update so everyone can see how great the living is over here and even will be better. Good for Pasco County and the jobs, houses, etc. If anybody need to rent a town home as of today I have one for rent very close to SR 56 and I-75, close to the new mall but just right located to avoid the traffic jam. Just send me an DM if you want info.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:45 PM

WC_dad hope you don't mind that I put you rep. on # 13 . It's my lucky number.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
WC_dad hope you don't mind that I put you rep. on # 13 . It's my lucky number.
Already gone!

Old 02-29-2008, 06:20 PM

141 posts, read 713,394 times
Just to correct a couple mistakes, the Ulta and PetSmart I know for a fact are both open at the Grove...already been there

Old 03-01-2008, 06:04 AM

286 posts, read 947,496 times
Thanks for the info man, that's tight! I'm glad to see this area grow so much. For anyone interested, that new Starbucks at BBD and 56 has a drive-thru and is open 24 hours. Too bad all this growth is culminating right before I leave for Orlando to attend UCF.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamanation View Post
Thanks for the info man, that's tight! I'm glad to see this area grow so much. For anyone interested, that new Starbucks at BBD and 56 has a drive-thru and is open 24 hours. Too bad all this growth is culminating right before I leave for Orlando to attend UCF.
Good luck in Orlando and hope you learn a lot more than "hope" in Orlando

Old 03-01-2008, 10:52 AM

2,602 posts, read 7,488,916 times
I guess this spells the end for University Mall in a few years.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:20 PM

Yeah, I really don't see how University Mall can survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay