Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 09:20 AM

58 posts, read 48,004 times

Advertisements

Hello! I'm moving from St. Louis to St. Petersburg in November and had a couple questions. This has been literally, a 30 year dream of mine so I can't wait to follow through with it.

Being in the Administrative field for a Hospital, I'm hoping to find a career when I come down in October for a visit to find a home and hopefully a job! I plan on starting to apply for jobs in July. (Want to have plenty of time to apply and find something before the BIG DAY)

1) How likely with only a High School Diploma will I find a job making at least $35k per year as that is what I really need to be making? I have Administrative/Medical Secretary/Automotive Biller/Loan Officer experience. Any suggestions that would offer good pay/benefits with room for advancement?

2) I'm a White Female in her 30's with only dogs and so I'm looking for a place to rent that is not only safe, but also will allow dogs and bad credit. I filed a Chapter 13 which will be paid off in Oct of this year. Woohoo!! However, I won't have my discharge papers until probably 60-90 days after it's paid off so I'm screwed there. I'm working on my Credit and according to Credit Karma I'm at 650 score now. Any suggestions on who will rent to someone with Chapter 13 in process of being paid off? I'll be able to put down a larger deposit if need be. Luckily, I work 2 jobs and get to keep the 1 working remotely from home, so that will help me a little financially.

3) How much does full coverage insurance (generally) cost in St. Petersburg? Also, how much on average is electric for a 1-2 bedroom apartment?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm wanting to financially and mentally prepare myself for everything before the big move!!

Thank you all to any advice you can provide me and help me FINALLY follow my dream. I'm working hard to sell everything here in STL and work 2 jobs to have as much money as possible for the big move.

Happy 2017!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 10:31 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,163,729 times
No expert but I do lots of homework and I think the medical field needs employees. Can also say that the electric on a 1/2 is at least $100 a month due to the constant AC running. Usually add water - which is a bit high $ in Florida, gas possible and cable. YMMV

Old 01-31-2017, 10:40 AM

58 posts, read 48,004 times
Well that's good because I figured electric to be at least $165 per month so I'm ok with that. Unless, of course I can find an apartment that includes the utilities which could help. I'm looking to spend $850-$900 monthly at most for rent. I don't want to do paycheck to paycheck living if I can avoid it. What are some safe areas that you can recommend down there as well? I was told by a friend of mine that nowhere in FL is nearly as bad as what we're used to seeing here in STL. So even the bad areas in FL don't compare to what we've got going on, but I'd still rather be safe than sorry. (No pun)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: