Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Tampa Bay booming, Florida’s rapid growth, Tampa metro, poor infrastructure and growing pains, old homes, new condos, cheaper cost of living, job salaries

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 04:35 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabbz View Post
I am not sure if I just lucked out but I have had no issues with jobs in the area. I am young, own my own car, have my own condo near the beach and I do it all on my own single salary. I do not have a college degree. I am not bragging at all but my point is that this is totally achievable in the Tampa area. You just have to be a go getter and get what you want. Why are people from this area such complainers?
Sounds like you lucked out, What do you do for a living if you don't mind my asking ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 04:53 PM

33 posts, read 96,176 times
Serpas RAISED the NPD from what they were? Boy, that's not saying much. I have a friend who's husband is on the force and even she said she wouldn't touch most of the cops with a 10 foot poll. And you're right about the crime having gotten worse. I know crime is an epidemic everywhere, but gang shootings in Murfreesboro!?? Come on man! And you're right about the housing market. It is the CA folks God bless em' that are driving the prices up. I think even in the midst of this housing crisis that people here refuse to lower their prices because someone from a pricier state will come along and think it's cheap. And the apts here are a joke. They are TINY for what you pay.

Guess I thought Serpas was from N.O. cause I saw him on an interview and he mentioned working there at some point I guess.

Good luck in where ever you end up. It is scary moving any place if you ask me. I am half excited/half scared about moving to Tampa. We're ready to leave Nashville and have to go somewhere. My husband and I have both lived in several different states and the places we love most sort of aren't doable for us at this point in our lives. So, we're going to try Tampa. My husband says that I had better like it because he won't move again..lol!

Oh and you're not winning the powerball, I am

Old 03-04-2008, 04:56 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
We're definatly leaving, We're tired of Nashville and our family business is going under, My mother bought a 300k house on the lake in Hendersonville two years ago. Construction is dead here and no one is repairing their houses. It's unfortunate that things have gone the way they have, Atleast all the Bush supporters can't blame this on Clinton like they do everything else...

Old 03-04-2008, 05:05 PM

33 posts, read 96,176 times
I'm a conservative, but I will agree Bush has run this country into the ground...

Old 03-04-2008, 08:09 PM

16 posts, read 22,784 times
Default looking for work

I live in TN and was thinking of moving down to the tampa area, I'm a nurse and I figure I could land a job, but I'm worried about my husband, what's available to those without bachelors degrees. lol

Old 03-05-2008, 06:37 AM

403 posts, read 1,193,538 times
Plenty, but that's a broad question?

What does he do?

Old 03-05-2008, 06:50 AM

849 posts, read 3,528,219 times
Talking probably more

than for those with vague BA's like my DH's english one. LOL
As the last poster said, what does he do? I would add is he willing to do anything? that is legal, of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young28 View Post
I live in TN and was thinking of moving down to the tampa area, I'm a nurse and I figure I could land a job, but I'm worried about my husband, what's available to those without bachelors degrees. lol

Old 03-05-2008, 07:41 AM

3 posts, read 7,082 times
I believe that if you want a job you will find one.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:02 AM

90 posts, read 319,787 times
Buy a gun and learn to use it if you plan on moving to Tampa. Don't leave your doors unlocked. Stick to South Tampa and Davis Islands if you have the money to do so. Stay clear of West Tampa, East Tampa, Carrolwood, and Town & Country.

Stay out of Ybor City after dark. BTW St. Petersburg is garbage too.

Other than that... WELCOME!

Old 03-05-2008, 10:05 AM

403 posts, read 1,193,538 times
Lol. So basically if you can't live on Davis Island, don't live here at all?

I agree with T&C, Ybor, and St Pete.. but not the rest of that..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay