Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 07:22 AM

10 posts, read 23,475 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am really impressed of this forum. This is nice and helpful.
We live in Saint-Petersburg RUSSIA and planning to visit Florida this summer.
I`d like to ask some advise from Florida natives.
The point is that my family (my husband and my yang son) planning to live some time in Florida (couple of years or more) from November 2008 because of my husband job opportunity. The main area would be Tampa or Saint-Petersburg (Mexican Gulf).
Thats why we are planning to spend about 10 days there in June to choose place to live in future and have some rest.
What place would you recommend to stay? We are planning to talk with some real estate agents, visit different parts of Tampa area but we need some kind of bench mark to stay. It is really difficult to choose were to stay through the internet. All the places seems like paradise But it would be necessary for us not to spend all the time on the beaches as the tourists but prevent our future live in Florida.
May be you could suggest us some places where native people are living? As i think it might be a suburb of the Tampa or Saint-Petersburg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 07:28 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
IMO, Pinellas County has more of a " Florida " feel, atleast I think it looks/feels more tropical then Tampa does.

Nice beaches/landscapes, ect, ect.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:50 AM

849 posts, read 3,526,897 times
Smile This would be

St. Petersburg, FL. Tampa is a different county.
I agree with FL Native and live here. Very Nice.

Note to other posters. When someone says they're from another country, even another state, please indicate that Pinellas Co. is where St. Pete is or whatever. Other countries (except GB)don't have counties so with them it's especially important to clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLNative23 View Post
IMO, Pinellas County has more of a " Florida " feel, atleast I think it looks/feels more tropical then Tampa does.

Nice beaches/landscapes, ect, ect.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:58 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
Hi Dema,

I am from Odessa, Ukraine, not too far from you. My husband, daughter and I will be moving in July of this year as well.

I would suggest that it is absolutely necessary that you come, drive around, look and base your decision upon that. We found homes that looked beautiful online, but we did not like the looks of the home or neighborhood when we came to visit. Sometimes the photos online only show the good and not the whole picture.

We chose Tampa over St. Petersburg, but they are both nice places with their own advantages and disadvantages. Again, you should do as much research as you can, but really decide when you come drive around and look. Also, if schools are important, look at greatschools.net to help you decide which area.

Good luck!

Old 03-03-2008, 08:28 AM

Thank a lot! I really appreciate all the repliers! I have been to Odessa
Of course we are planning to take a car (we will arrive to Orlando, spend a couple of days there and then drive to the Tampa).
the problem is. we could not decide where to stay to fill may be some kind of Floridans life. i suppose that live in Clearwater beaches is not a native life but some kind of tourist style? Am i right? or may be it is no difference?

Old 03-03-2008, 08:38 AM

one more... may be someone could suggest us real estate company to rent a house... I truly agree with faina 000 that internet pictures are too beautiful to be the real.... Thats why we need some professional agent to spend some time with us and show some places and houses to live..

Old 03-03-2008, 08:39 AM

i`ve heard that there are a lot of new houses are built in Pinellas. (2007,2008) Is it true?

Old 03-03-2008, 08:51 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
There is a real estate agent on here, that has very good knowledge of the area, her name is Tampa Karen, and she can probably help you.

Yes, you are right, it is hard to get the feel of Florida life when you are just visiting as a tourist. During one trip, we stayed in St Petersburg and during another we stayed in Tampa. Both times, we drove through many neighborhoods and all over town to get a feel of the area. Luckily, St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Tampa are all very close and it is easy to drive from one to another.

I am sure you will find something nice, there are nice neighborhoods and areas in all of the places you are looking. There are many new houses everywhere and it should be easy to find.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:59 AM

thanks a lot, faina000. Could i get contact information of this person? I would like to contact her in advance...

Old 03-03-2008, 09:26 AM

849 posts, read 3,526,897 times
Default Dema

click on your direct message link and type in the first few letters of Tampa Karen. her name will come up and you can then enter your msg. forum rules do not permit advertising. Another good realtor on this forum is "spainbrit" you can add her name to the same message and then see who you are more comfortable with. Best wishes and welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dema View Post
thanks a lot, faina000. Could i get contact information of this person? I would like to contact her in advance...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay