U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 01:03 AM

106 posts, read 539,235 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to know if anybody in here has the new washers that save money on your water bill and electricity, I know water bill are more money in here than in NJ just wanted to know if they save water by having one of this new washing machines that cost about 1200.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 09:43 AM

849 posts, read 3,298,412 times
Default get a "compact"

"energy star" FRONT LOADER. Whirlpool has a good one and the dryer is stackable. You'd be amazed what the thing holds. I've mashed a full set of queen sheets into it. Not recommended but it can be done. They claim 13 prs. of jeans. Not like the old top loader compacts. My only problem with mine is because it's computerized. In an apt., if it's on the same circuit as your computer, the control panel could get messed up. This is true of any of the high end machines that operate by computer. I'd definitely go for it. If you need a full size machine stick to the front loaders. That's why they use them in other countries, much less water consumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike28 View Post
Just wanted to know if anybody in here has the new washers that save money on your water bill and electricity, I know water bill are more money in here than in NJ just wanted to know if they save water by having one of this new washing machines that cost about 1200.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:54 AM

Great thanks for your help I will go for those to save on water and electricity.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:19 PM

53 posts, read 189,071 times
I bought these machines too. They really are great. Water and electricity consumption is greatly reduced. I believe they actually wash a regular load in 1, yes 1 gallon of water. Low flush toilets are also a great water saver.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:31 PM

2,539 posts, read 3,778,190 times
The new washers and dryers are worth the investment. The low flush toilet suck! Especially when you have to flush them several times. They should string the up the person that came up with them. Keep the government out of the bathrooms!!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 PM
DMX

46 posts, read 227,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
The low flush toilet suck! Especially when you have to flush them several times. They should string the up the person that came up with them. Keep the government out of the bathrooms!!
The other alternative is to drink lots of water so that the tur..errr.. never mind!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:07 PM

2,695 posts, read 6,932,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiesma View Post
"energy star" FRONT LOADER. Whirlpool has a good one and the dryer is stackable. You'd be amazed what the thing holds. I've mashed a full set of queen sheets into it. Not recommended but it can be done. They claim 13 prs. of jeans. Not like the old top loader compacts. My only problem with mine is because it's computerized. In an apt., if it's on the same circuit as your computer, the control panel could get messed up. This is true of any of the high end machines that operate by computer. I'd definitely go for it. If you need a full size machine stick to the front loaders. That's why they use them in other countries, much less water consumption.
We just bought front loading GE washer and dryer,stackable,ours are,so quite you have to look to see if they are running.Both are very efficient and were not that expensive,about $450 for washer and around 400 for dryer.does job with very little water.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:38 PM

Thank you guys for your advice I will purchase those washers.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:07 PM

53 posts, read 189,071 times
The low flushers only sock when thing get messy in there (sorry folks). For your standard trip to the washroom they are just fine. Overall you save.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:51 PM

7,136 posts, read 11,605,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
The new washers and dryers are worth the investment. The low flush toilet suck! Especially when you have to flush them several times. They should string the up the person that came up with them. Keep the government out of the bathrooms!!
Believe it not, I've done a lot of research on toilets because, like you, I think it's waste (haha) to have to flush more than once - that doesn't save water and it's aggravating! Gerber makes a toilet with a pressure assisted flush that will flush virtually anything on the first flush. I had to go to Kentucky to pick it up because none were available here, but it has totally been worth it.
I had it installed and the kids and I tested it the first day when my DH was at work. We started flushing small things and worked our way up to a small, cut up, watermelon. It was hilarious! We've had this toilet for ten years now and it's never once been clogged, it flushes everything on the first flush, but it is loud.

When my parents, in Florida, needed a new toilet I intended to buy them the same one, but the plumber I contacted said that Kohler had a tall toilet that worked as well as the the Gerber, but was much quieter and might be better for older people. I contracted with him to put the Kohler in their place and it really does flush everything the first time with less noise. They've had it for over a year now with no complaints. So there are low flush toilets that actually do the job, but you have to do a little research to find them. I hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay