Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 12:56 AM

461 posts, read 554,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
It's true. Many refuse to acknowledge it. But the drivers in Florida are pretty terrible.
Just like braindead whites tend to not focus on a lot of things. I am not one bit surprised. I know that area up there by Palm Harbor, Mid Pinellas.. very bad drivers.. VERY BAD. The whole bay area has terrible drivers. I would say where I wont find as many is along the city corridors of St Pete like 4th St N, less amount of traffic considering its a hot zone. Central Ave a lot of it is manageable I find. I like the parts of St Pete that have less traffic personally and they exist, but a lot of crap drivers in the Tampa Bay area no question just about everywhere else, Sarasota surprisingly is pretty damn bad too. Not to be underestimated just because its not up where you are. But yes the dangers of driving NEED to be brought up and it isn't. I am pissed off each damn time I have to go on the road so I stay at home more like a hermit. I don't really have to go out a lot thankfully so I don't.. only unless I have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 01:28 PM

285 posts, read 385,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada_yel View Post
Okaayy so I went out with this guy the other night right. He is born and raised in Florida but he lived in germany for 14 years and he just moved back to Florida like 3 weeks ago. He said "I am really gonna have a hard time driving in Florida " .... And he said he drove in Germany. Can you believe the trauma this person is going thru ? I feel so bad for him.... I think he should run as a congressman and try to bring the Germany driving skills to Florida 😂. Otherwise nobody is going to do anything about the bad driving in Florida .... He is our only hope....
He's going to have a heart attack when he sees all the cars passing in the right lane.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:34 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
I learned to drive and spent a couple of decades in Germany. They're serious about driving there. Gotta pay a lot of money for a driving course and demonstrate you're competent. They have driving down to a science. That's why on autobahns they often allow speeds that we'd never consider to legaize.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:32 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I learned to drive and spent a couple of decades in Germany. They're serious about driving there. Gotta pay a lot of money for a driving course and demonstrate you're competent. They have driving down to a science. That's why on autobahns they often allow speeds that we'd never consider to legaize.
Love to drive my C6 over there at 180+.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:37 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
You'd pizz your pants Mr 55 MPH.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:47 AM

747 posts, read 1,011,952 times
Wow, have you shipped your Corvette to Germany? That must've been an incredible experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post

Old 03-21-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
You'd pizz your pants Mr 55 MPH.
Every chance i get i am over 120. Just short burst when traffic is not around. Not something i would do on US19.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJNE17 View Post
Wow, have you shipped your Corvette to Germany? That must've been an incredible experience.
Not a chance. Cost more to ship it than what it cost new.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:25 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
I know a lady who driving a Porsche (this happened approx. 27 years ago) with fast speed on the autobahn and if you have driven over there you know the beautiful landscape with some hills and not too sharpe, curves.

The autobahn was quiet until she run into a little hill with a curve and behind the curve where the view was blocked as it is on many autobahns, there was a traffic jam....she ended up paralyzed from the neck down!

Old 03-24-2017, 01:53 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,225,879 times
Coming back from Sanibel last week on I75 we were going over a small overpass. Just on the other side was a mangled up bicycle in the fast lane. Nobody could see it until they were right on it. Some went left to the median and a couple went to the middle lane forcing the cars there to swerve right. We saw a minivan drive right over it. It could have caused a big pileup but there wasn't anything on the news about it.

I'm guessing it fell of the back of a camper and the owner never noticed it was gone until they stopped somewhere down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay