Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 09:49 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times

Advertisements

Just my Observation....I am a Realtor here in NJ and Real Estate and We too have such low inventory for certain areas and the prices have just gotten out of Control..Now for Florida We started looking in these Areas: Trinity, Land O Lakes and Wesley Chapel online back in August of 2016 after making our visit, now that we are actively looking I can't believe how much the prices of homes has and Is Rising along with the Interest Rates....I also see alot of low inventory for what we are looking for and it seems everyone is looking for the same lol...

We are heading down beginning of May to try and buy something, I am just hoping that the prices don't continue to rise too much and hope we can find what it is we are looking for..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 09:56 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,895 times
I dont understand it Swimmom either. Multiple posts about lack of jobs in the area, low paying jobs so how are homes being bought within 3 days of listing and prices bid up.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
I dont understand it Swimmom either. Multiple posts about lack of jobs in the area, low paying jobs so how are homes being bought within 3 days of listing and prices bid up.
Exactly I just don't get it...Now I attribute it too all of us Relocating, but it is very disheartening...I know what I want to spend and am truly not happy with going over my budget, but honestly I do not want bidding wars and don't want to over pay for a home that heaven's forbid the market goes way down again because the prices are going up too fast again just my opinion, and be stuck that in 6 years or so if we go to sell the house won't be worth what we paid

Old 03-09-2017, 10:00 AM

I think all of us moving to the same the Area, should have a meet up after everyone is settled and we can discuss the home buying Experience LOL

Old 03-09-2017, 10:41 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,282,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Exactly I just don't get it...Now I attribute it too all of us Relocating, but it is very disheartening...I know what I want to spend and am truly not happy with going over my budget, but honestly I do not want bidding wars and don't want to over pay for a home that heaven's forbid the market goes way down again because the prices are going up too fast again just my opinion, and be stuck that in 6 years or so if we go to sell the house won't be worth what we paid

Have you considered renting for awhile and waiting out the inevitable bubble burst?
That way you could get a better idea of where you want to live.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Ya, maybe rent for a bit? Maybe large corporations (blackstone?) are buying up homes in the area.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:44 AM

and the rents are high as well! But better than purchasing now and regretting it, ime.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:30 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
I assume you all refer to very specific price range if you see low inventory. Getting something for what prices were 5 years ago from now is unreal. There are plenty of houses in 400K range though in mentioned areas both new and resales. And people keep buying it. The mortgage payment for 400K house with 20% down is $1600 a month. Some of new apartments in Wesley Chapel go for $2000 a months, so no wonder people are buying. Not to mention all apartments are full and have waiting lists!!!

Honestly I didn't see much difference in pricing for the last 1,5 years. And we will see more homes hitting the market as Spring gets here which is natural for real estate market.

I think we had a thread here from 2012 when we expected bubble to start busting, but instead sales and renting is going well!

Old 03-09-2017, 01:09 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,225,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post

Honestly I didn't see much difference in pricing for the last 1,5 years. And we will see more homes hitting the market as Spring gets here which is natural for real estate market.

I think we had a thread here from 2012 when we expected bubble to start busting, but instead sales and renting is going well!
Home prices have increased dramatically in the last few years. A house down the street that sold four years ago for 155k sold last month for 220k and it wasn't a re-hab. My neighbor bought her house six years ago for 140k and she's thinking of selling. It appraised for 235.
We bought 18 months ago and have seen the value go up by 18 to 20%. The only thing not going up are empty lots unless they are on a canal.

I have been closely following home prices since I retired in '09 and I wish I would have bought then. Could have bought a house for next to nothing.

There won't be a bubble bursting like last time because a good majority paid cash for their houses since then. House prices could slow and even drop slightly but I bet we won't see huge depreciations.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:41 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Good ole' supply vs. demand at play. A friend bought a house in Orlando a couple of years ago for $155k. He says the current market there would allow a listing price around $250k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay