Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 04:07 PM

1,139 posts, read 3,465,434 times

Advertisements

Has anyone bought a home in the Watergrass community(on Curley Rd) - Do you like it or not?

Looks like the base price of homes are much lower than other locations in Wesley Chapel but concerned about the drive to/from shopping centers and restaurants although, they do have an Elementary school on-site.

Our commute will definitely increase(add another 20+ minutes) but the prices seems affordable compared to other CDD communities in the Wesley Chapel area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 05:44 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
My friends went to look at some homes for us in Watergrass she didn't like the location and thought it was quite far out didnt suit our needs...but that was just her opinion...

Old 03-13-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
My friends went to look at some homes for us in Watergrass she didn't like the location and thought it was quite far out didnt suit our needs...but that was just her opinion...
yep. that was our initial thought as well.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampaite View Post
yep. that was our initial thought as well.
Check out Trinity we started looking there and so far we really like what we see...We are looking in Wesley Chapel and Land O Lakes as well, although Wesley chapel traffic was awful when we were there so we are on the fence about it but I don't know where our dream home is going to be LOL

We are heading down May 9th to start looking and hopefully be able to find something...

Old 03-13-2017, 08:49 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
The lower price speaks volumes actually. We looked at few phases within Watergrass, but decided against it for couple reasons:
1) increase in commute. Sales guy had a nerve to lie about 10 minutes to I-75 commute. Since we live in the area we did a test drives - in the morning at our regular leave to work time, during the day and in the pm. Truth is you will be lucky to leave the house and get to SR 54 in 10 minutes. We've got in average 23-25 minutes to I-75. For comparison it takes 25 minutes to get to USF from SR 56 and I-75...
2) low rated elementary school. Besides looking at their overall rating we compared scores and were not impressed. I expected school to improve within few years, but so far no changes
3) with the current transportation plan for Pasco County there are no plans to make Curley Rd wider (even though new community with lagoon down the road is proposed and will bring more traffic to that area), but Overpass Rd extension (from I-75 to Zephyrhills) is to go through the Watergrass and to divide community in half.... basically Overpass will be an alternative route to SR 54 and if you live in the area you know how busy SR 54 is...
4) Not very big fan of CalAtlantic homes or their quality and the way the deal (or don't deal actually) with the problems after the closing...
5) There were some short sales for 1-2 year old homes, not a good sign if you ask me.
just my thought...

Old 03-13-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
The lower price speaks volumes actually. We looked at few phases within Watergrass, but decided against it for couple reasons:
1) increase in commute. Sales guy had a nerve to lie about 10 minutes to I-75 commute. Since we live in the area we did a test drives - in the morning at our regular leave to work time, during the day and in the pm. Truth is you will be lucky to leave the house and get to SR 54 in 10 minutes. We've got in average 23-25 minutes to I-75. For comparison it takes 25 minutes to get to USF from SR 56 and I-75...
2) low rated elementary school. Besides looking at their overall rating we compared scores and were not impressed. I expected school to improve within few years, but so far no changes
3) with the current transportation plan for Pasco County there are no plans to make Curley Rd wider (even though new community with lagoon down the road is proposed and will bring more traffic to that area), but Overpass Rd extension (from I-75 to Zephyrhills) is to go through the Watergrass and to divide community in half.... basically Overpass will be an alternative route to SR 54 and if you live in the area you know how busy SR 54 is...
4) Not very big fan of CalAtlantic homes or their quality and the way the deal (or don't deal actually) with the problems after the closing...
5) There were some short sales for 1-2 year old homes, not a good sign if you ask me.
just my thought...
Your funny because the sales guy told our friends the same thing about the 10 minutes to I-75 lol My friend said to him well I dont know where you are going to but I know how long it takes lol

and it was Cal-Atlantic lol

Old 03-14-2017, 05:20 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Aside from the driving times it always amazes me how the sales agents who often are not licensed real estate agents and therefore not bound by the same rules and regulations as realtors, tell the public that values will increase and equity will be gained again so you don't have to worry about selling your home.

Nobody can see what the future will bring.

What I do see is that Watergrass has a CDD and HOA that is similar to communities that are located more strategic and therefore are considered on the high side

With Epperson now selling low entry level homes with the Lagoon that in the future only will be open to home owners it has to be seen if future buyers will like Epperson over Watergrass.

Of course Watergrass has high end homes and some are for sale now and offer very nice upgrades and are actually having what almost seems to be "over the top " loaded with upgrades which will Apeal to the one of a kind buyer but for example a 3/4 with 3500 sqft home for $700,000 is not an easy sell, especially with the higher fees, location and future homes that are being build in the same street for builders prices and not for resale price to gain additional money.

Epperson across the street is now starting with what is considered low entry homes with no upgrades and laminate countertops and low grade shower for master bath for $225k with a CDD/HOA of $205 when the Lagoon is ready, including basic cable.

That is what neighboring communities will have to compete with as the Lagoon might be attractive to many people.

Old 03-14-2017, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Check out Trinity we started looking there and so far we really like what we see...We are looking in Wesley Chapel and Land O Lakes as well
We looked at Trinity, weren't impressed with the area due to it being slightly far from work and shopping centers but if it works for it, go for it!

Quote:
Thanks for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

What I do see is that Watergrass has a CDD and HOA that is similar to communities that are located more strategic and therefore are considered on the high side
Thanks for your response.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:36 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Epperson across the street is now starting with what is considered low entry homes with no upgrades and laminate countertops and low grade shower for master bath for $225k....
laminate countertops... what a flash to 15 years back Even new apartments are getting built with better countertops.
$205 for HOA and CDD sounds reasonable. Hopefully this lagoon being the first here had someone good to estimate costs and expenses

Old 03-14-2017, 08:19 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
laminate countertops... what a flash to 15 years back Even new apartments are getting built with better countertops.
$205 for HOA and CDD sounds reasonable. Hopefully this lagoon being the first here had someone good to estimate costs and expenses
I was shocked to see the laminated counter tops in master bathroom and the cheap way the shower was done. In the model there was not even a shower door but a shower curtain.

The master bathroom shower insert looks like the one in the TV commercials where they put a tub over an existing bad looking tub to remodel your bathroom in one day.

Maybe we got spoiled during the housing down turn with nicer countertops and vanities to sell a home.

1504 sqft cost now $ 226K (3/2/2) and that used to be a price range for a home with either upgrades or a property priced at $ 170K .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay