Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 12:28 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,489 times

Advertisements

Agree with Jaybird comment about better school districts, even if you don't care, other down the road buyers may and when it comes to choosing your lovely home over one not so nice, but in the right area - well you know....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 12:36 PM

5,021 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtloucks View Post
But in the end we chose the house we can enjoy living in more and being able to literally walk around the corner to see old friends rather than get in the car and drive. Or like my wife says.... a few blocks to walk off the wine we share together!

IMO you made the perfect choice
Good luck!

Old 03-17-2017, 08:19 AM

776 posts, read 1,063,381 times
I completely agree with the school comments ad also agree on resale, but that house in HH was also about 40K more so is it worth it> Debatable. I hear many good things about Rushe Middle and Sun Lake from others. Sun Lake has some conflicting reviews but we have a couple of years before we are at that point. If it became a problem, we can look at other options. IN the meantime we want to enjoy the lifestyle and i dont know if I will love having a pool but if my boys enjoy it and it brings neighbors over more... Then ill like that. Sounds material I know, but we also see value in the pool for resale along with some other things that are nicer.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtloucks View Post
I completely agree with the school comments ad also agree on resale, but that house in HH was also about 40K more so is it worth it> Debatable. I hear many good things about Rushe Middle and Sun Lake from others. Sun Lake has some conflicting reviews but we have a couple of years before we are at that point. If it became a problem, we can look at other options. IN the meantime we want to enjoy the lifestyle and i dont know if I will love having a pool but if my boys enjoy it and it brings neighbors over more... Then ill like that. Sounds material I know, but we also see value in the pool for resale along with some other things that are nicer.

Hello @rtloucks!

I am in almost the same position as you were. I see that this was posted a couple of years back...wondering if anything has changed since. What are your inputs on LOL and HH? I am sitting on the fence too...the Pasco county schools seem to have caught on the ratings but is it really the case? Toured the new communities of Long lake ranch and completely in love with everything they have to offer...but are the schools good?? How was your experience? any input will be much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay