Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:41 AM

3 posts, read 9,801 times

Advertisements

I am moving my family to FL from MO as soon as school is out for my son (he is in high school). We have been looking online at homes in the Seminole Heights area. Can anyone tell me more about the area? (homes, schools, crime, restaurants, shopping)? Is this an area that would be good to consider?

Also, if anyone knows of a house for sale or rent in this area with 3 bedrooms and a separate in law suite or 4 bedrooms, please let me know.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 12:24 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,442 times
I used to live in SH. Cute neighborhoods surrounded by slums, crackheads, and prostitutes.

Better to look in S. Tampa, esp. Palma Ceia, Hyde Park, Sunset Park, Beach Park, WestShore Palms...and a few others.

I would only recommend moving to SH when you're familiar with the area as you have to be very careful about where in SH you move to.

It's a big gay area, so if you stay near the rainbow flags you're usually in a safe neighborhood

Old 03-05-2008, 12:41 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
I used to live in SH. Cute neighborhoods surrounded by slums, crackheads, and prostitutes.

Better to look in S. Tampa, esp. Palma Ceia, Hyde Park, Sunset Park, Beach Park, WestShore Palms...and a few others.

I would only recommend moving to SH when you're familiar with the area as you have to be very careful about where in SH you move to.

It's a big gay area, so if you stay near the rainbow flags you're usually in a safe neighborhood
100% agree with everything in this post. LOTS of nearby crime, drugs, prostitutes - I used to own property in SE Seminole Heights - it's as bad as it gets, despite the charm of the area.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:33 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
100% agree with everything in this post. LOTS of nearby crime, drugs, prostitutes - I used to own property in SE Seminole Heights - it's as bad as it gets, despite the charm of the area.
Heh, I lived next door to the serial killer, Steve Lorenzo

Old 03-05-2008, 05:15 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
I agree certain areas are not the best, but there are a few streets that aren't bad.

I would suggest you post the streets or at least the area. The good folks here can tell you if it is a good area

Old 03-05-2008, 07:06 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,090,427 times
Seminole Heights has a lot of charm and was probably up-and-coming before the real estate market started to tank. I have friends there and like it a lot....but I have young kids so the crime and school issues bother me. I wouldn't say NOT to move there--you might love it, I don't know you!! What exactly are you looking for? If I didn't have young kids I'd be more inclined to go there than south tampa--south tampa has some ugly, visually chaotic main streets and some very iffy areas with the nice neighborhoods mixed in.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:33 AM

3 posts, read 13,403 times
While I agree with some of the comments above, I love Seminole Heights. It is definitely an area you have to come and see for yourself. Like any city it will have your good streets and bad streets. If your son is still in highschool, maybe try Brandon or Carrollwood. I live in Riverside Heights off the Hillsborough River, I love it. I also live next to a police officer so I have an extra level of comfort. I know there is a big house one street over from me for sale. It has 4bed and an inlaw house and pool. It's got an awful paint job though. If I can get the info and post it for you, I'll try.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:17 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Riverside Heights is a good area IMHO. I lived on Riverside Dr at one time and never had any problems at all. My DH lived in Seminole heights right down the street from Elem school for 10 years and no problems. Mostly older neighbors though so there weren't a lot of kids to play with close by.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:01 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
I'd suggest in Seminole Heights that you look west of Central Ave south of Sligh Ave and north of MLK and east of Florida. Central Ave does get close to I-275 in some places and may be too noisy though. There are some nice bungalows along Highland Ave, west of Florida, too. Also, look north of Hillsborough and west of 22nd ave to Nebraska Av and again, south of Sligh (but the Hillsborough River should stop you before Sligh any way).

Old 03-08-2008, 02:32 PM

3 posts, read 13,403 times
4BR w/ Guest home and Pool. Frank Burns Realty 813-877-7425, Louis Pullara Jr, 813-244-5600, same realty office. Both #'s on sign. 2719 Riverside Drive, Tampa. This is the info for the house with the awful paint job. seriously it is grey with red trim. I couldn't tell you anymore about the house except if I needed a house that big I would take a look inside. It is not directly on the Hillsborough River but sits right across the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay