U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 12:32 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,252,654 times

Advertisements

Have lived in Hernando Cty many years and I know that in residential neighborhoods, you are not suppose to park commercial trucks, new neighbors moved in next door, they are renting, he is a truck driver for a major moving company and insists that he can park his 60' tractor-trailer in his driveway.
I have called code enforcement several times as have neighbors and code enforcement said "oh there are boxes on lawn, they are moving in". Of course,
code enforcement can't come out at 11:00 PM to see the tractor parked in the driveway.

Am I wrong in my thinking that commercial tractor-trailers are not suppose to be parked on residential property.......don't get me wrong, I know that this is his living, I do not want to deprive him of that, but he should be able to park his "rig" somewhere else other than in a residential property. I go to our local Walmart all the time and I see at least 6 or 8 tractors parked up there when not in use. I tried to tell him that it is against code and he boldly said he'll park whereever he wants to. He comes from Port Richey and said he never had any problems parking on his property and that he will continue to park his 60' tractor-trailer in the driveway.

I'm sure that this is a code voilation, but code enforcement won't do anything. Any other recourse for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 08:54 AM

13,773 posts, read 34,888,248 times
Check here..
http://www.municode.com/resources/ga...id=10731&sid=9
That is code for Hernando county. It is in there.. do an advanced search.

If you aren't getting anywhere with the workers, go to the supervisor, if that fails call the county administrator or city councilman/woman.

It really isn't deed restrictions it is code enforcement. If you live in a deed restricted area, then the HOA should be handling it.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,840 times
Cool Parking the big rig

I know it may be upsetting to you, but as the wife of a former over-the-road trucker it is difficult and very costly to find parking for tractor trailers. We lived in an area that at the time, was lime rock, 2 acre parcels and only 2 homes on the street and my husband who was only home 4 days per month could never park the truck (not the trailer) in the yard. There was never anyone going down the street, yet code enforcement and the sheriff's department would always come and tell him to move the truck. It was very hard. It would cost him over $50.00 per night to park the truck in parking areas. And Walmart does not allow truckers to park there - only when they are "shopping". They will call the deputies and you will be told to move and get a ticket.

I also sympathize with you not wanting the rig parked there and I could say well move into a deed restricted community - but then that would infringe on your rights. Is there a winning solution? Maybe some mutual agreements? It is very costly for him to find parking and you want your neighborhood free of big rigs, too bad you two can't work something out instead of calling code enforcement all the time, and him not listening to your pleas.

I am not on anyones' side. I just thought that you should try and understand the predictament he is in, too.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 AM

1,080 posts, read 4,252,654 times
Default Resolved

Thank you for your comment, this situation has been resolved with the legal owner of the property and the sheriffs office. They were wrong and were told to stop parking their 53' on the road overnight, there were several near misses with cars, because drivers couldn't see this thing parked in the dark.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,537 times
my partner and i had our names put on a deed that only had my mother on it and they charged 1,200.00 to do it is that right? also it was put in the tax records twice

Old 02-03-2009, 09:45 AM

13,773 posts, read 34,888,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendynut315 View Post
my partner and i had our names put on a deed that only had my mother on it and they charged 1,200.00 to do it is that right? also it was put in the tax records twice
Who charged you 1,200 to do what?

Your mother could have done a quik claim deed and put your names on the property for 100.00
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay