Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2007, 11:51 AM

18 posts, read 114,845 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I will be relocating to work in a Tampa area hospital in November, Of the following towns, please give me your honest opinions. Clearwater, Pinellas Park, Seminole, Dunedin and Palm Harbor. Don't worry about my commute times. I would just like some honest opinions. I am 57, not into a fast nightlife and just looking for a nice place to call home. I do NOT want to be out on the beach.
Send email

Last edited by Keeper; 10-18-2007 at 05:37 AM.. Reason: removed email address
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 12:31 PM

70 posts, read 363,165 times
Here are my opinions having lived in the area for 20+ years

Clearwater: Hit or Miss, some parts are nice and some parts are extremely ghetto, and it's very congested! It wouldn't be my first choice.

Pinellas Park: It used to be very ghetto, but is going through a bit of a revitilization (new shopping centers/restaurants) but is perhaps even more congested than Clearwater.

Seminole: Very quaint and cute from what I've seen but I don't have too much experience having only been to the college campus there, doesn't seem as if there is much to do.

Dunedin: My fave city in Pinellas County, very quaint and close to everything (shopping, dining, beach (even if you don't need the beach, it's still close by) Seemingly safe, sleepy community and much less congested that Pinellas Park or Clearwater.

Palm Harbor: Lived here for 3 years (in the area right next to Dunedin) Loved it, very suburbia, nice shopping, close to Tampa, Close to Dunedin. Safe.

I also think you may be interested in Safety Harbor which is closer to Tampa and is a sleepy, quaint yet convenient place to live. I also love Tarpon Springs (Just north of Palm Harbor) and lived there for 2 years.

Good Luck!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:14 PM

18 posts, read 114,845 times
Thanks!!

Old 11-30-2007, 11:27 AM

65 posts, read 354,467 times
Hi Betsrn,
I live and work in Dunedin, Florida, and I think it's great. I do a blog about it. If you would like to find photos and information about Dunedin, just Google the phrase Dunedin Daily Photo. This is a small town, with lots of community pride. I think you would enjoy it. And STILL, close to everything!
Wayne

Old 03-11-2008, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,395 times
Default clearwater shopping

I will be visiting the Clearwater Beach area next month with my husband and son. I am hoping someone can steer me towards some quaint shopping areas that don't focus on souvenirs. Any suggestions? Sally G Illinois

Old 03-11-2008, 08:13 AM

105 posts, read 200,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally G View Post
I will be visiting the Clearwater Beach area next month with my husband and son. I am hoping someone can steer me towards some quaint shopping areas that don't focus on souvenirs. Any suggestions? Sally G Illinois

downtown dunedin has some cute shops! Citrus Park Mall and International Mall (more on the pricey side but very nice....)

Old 03-12-2008, 01:54 AM

381 posts, read 1,685,348 times
Dunedin is very nice, charming, smaller town. It is mostly on the beach, though. St. Petersburg would be my second choice (I'm biased, obviously), it's smaller than Clearwater, better traffic, and the homes are nice. There are also beach communities (mostly south and west), but plenty of inland housing as well. Downtown is calmer than Tampa, nothing wild, walkable. It seems like it would be a good fit.

Hope this helps .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay