Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 10:28 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone,
We have been concentrating on WC, LOL and Trinity...However we are also wanting to explore other areas, that arent too far from LOL...We have been seeing some really nice homes in Valrico but know nothing about the Area other than its near Brandon!

Westchase seems very nice but a little out of our price range for what we are looking for....any other suggestions? Riverview we drove around a little last year and it wasn't what we are looking for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 11:05 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
I would avoid south Hillsborough at all costs. To get a feel for what it's like down there, check out the giant confederate flag hanging over I75.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:46 AM

877 posts, read 1,911,777 times
Fishhawk has some of the best schools in Tampa Bay and is a great, family friendly area.

Valrico has some nice areas as well, just watch what schools the house you are looking at is zoned for.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:38 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,522,851 times
Fishhawk and LOL are a good hour away from each other. Might not be a drive you'd want to do regularly if that's the reason you want to be close to LOL.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:06 AM

24 posts, read 22,188 times
lol welcome to da south

Old 04-21-2017, 07:06 PM

5,975 posts, read 7,365,693 times
First of all, references to the giant Confederate flag have nothing to do with Brandon, Valrico or other portions of the south county. This is quite revealing about people's ignorance of the area, and suggests that they're probably someone who sees a particular restaurant in a neighborhood and immediately assumes that certain races must live in the immediate area. These areas are no more "redneck" or "southern" than LoL, Trinity or Wesley Chapel. For that matter, if you want Southern redneck you just have to head east to Plant City and Polk County or north or parts of Pasco. Plenty of "Stars and Bars", pickup trucks and Budweiser in those places as well.

Anyway, Valrico covers a broad range of properties and neighborhoods with some wide variations in lots, housing, architecture and schools. It ranges from areas around Highway 60 that are a little older and rough to immediately north of Fishhawk (Bloomingdale East.) Where exactly in Valrico are you speaking of or looking at?

RM

Old 04-21-2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I would avoid south Hillsborough at all costs. To get a feel for what it's like down there, check out the giant confederate flag hanging over I75.

oh lol and with us being jewish maybe not such a good thing LMAO

Old 04-21-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens007 View Post
lol welcome to da south
I lived in the south before this isnt the south trust me!!

we lived in Florida before moving back to NJ....

Old 04-21-2017, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
First of all, references to the giant Confederate flag have nothing to do with Brandon, Valrico or other portions of the south county. This is quite revealing about people's ignorance of the area, and suggests that they're probably someone who sees a particular restaurant in a neighborhood and immediately assumes that certain races must live in the immediate area. These areas are no more "redneck" or "southern" than LoL, Trinity or Wesley Chapel. For that matter, if you want Southern redneck you just have to head east to Plant City and Polk County or north or parts of Pasco. Plenty of "Stars and Bars", pickup trucks and Budweiser in those places as well.

Anyway, Valrico covers a broad range of properties and neighborhoods with some wide variations in lots, housing, architecture and schools. It ranges from areas around Highway 60 that are a little older and rough to immediately north of Fishhawk (Bloomingdale East.) Where exactly in Valrico are you speaking of or looking at?

RM
RM thank you for your response
I am not sure I was looking on Realtor.com and just pulled some homes from Valrico lol that looked very nice...and it was an area a few people mentioned to me although our friends aren't a fan of that area they know it well I thought I would ask here

Old 04-22-2017, 08:33 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Just my opinion but from my experiences trashy-redneck areas aren't known for top-performing "A" rated schools, which is the case in Lithia/Fishhawk Ranch. https://www.schooldigger.com/go/FL/c...ia/search.aspx In fact they seem to outperform the schools in Northern Hillsborough and Trinity...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay