Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 03:23 PM

10 posts, read 64,584 times

Advertisements

Okay...looking for some ideas that are working. We are a small community in Wesley Chapel with less than 225 homes (I think) the majority of our issues are with renters in phase 1 that are either gang related, crips/blood/latin kings, whose parents are just not that into the whole "active parenting" thing. We are having problems with vandalism, threats, using vacant homes as party houses or whatever else, excessive speeding (think 50 in a 25). What can we do??? Our HOA is getting ready to be turned over to residents. People are starting to just walk away from their homes because it's not worth the risks to their children.

Sleepless in Wesley Chapel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 03:53 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,181,103 times
How about calling the Sheriff's dept gang unit to come out and talk to the HOA?

Where I lived there were gang wannabes and speeding was a problem too. Our HOA (small started by group of residents) called the sheriff's office gang unit and also had them come out and check on speeders and vandalism. They also setup a neighborhood watch. We had the same issue with some renters, but it wasn't all renters either.

Our neighborhood was a lot larger than yours but it did help.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:51 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
How about calling the Sheriff's dept gang unit to come out and talk to the HOA?

Where I lived there were gang wannabes and speeding was a problem too. Our HOA (small started by group of residents) called the sheriff's office gang unit and also had them come out and check on speeders and vandalism. They also setup a neighborhood watch. We had the same issue with some renters, but it wasn't all renters either.

Our neighborhood was a lot larger than yours but it did help.

Same helped for our community in Wesley Chapel. We also have a safety patrol and a newsletter and we were added to the pascosheriff.com website with our community name. Have neighbors call every suspicious car or activity to the police. I have to say one kid did us a great favor when he turned 18. He was so annoying, involved with everything bad. He was on probation and the HOA couldn't do anything about this guy but he helped us very much by going to Walmart and did some shop lifting and got caught (thanks Walmart for being allert), he is now in jail for a couple of years (because he was alredy on probation) and that helped our community a lot, because it seems to me that he was the major leader of everything that was bad. I'm so glad not to see his face. Because a lot of home owners called the police, about him and his friends, the police was very alert and so were home owners. There is still a lot of minor vandalism every where. I recently noticed the letters were taking of the Meadow Point entrance and so have they done in our community. I wish parents would keep a better eye on their kids and if not others have to call the police more often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: