Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2008, 07:53 AM

12 posts, read 40,513 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with the new home communities in Parrish? We're looking at Creekside Preserve (Smith Family Homes or Standard Pacific) and Aberdeen (Morrison Homes). Any feedback on the location or builders would be great.

Last edited by FLHomeBuyer; 02-16-2008 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: Add information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 10:45 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,326,194 times
There's been a few threads about Parrish/Palmetto - would recommend using the search function to find them.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:26 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,250,637 times
Hey there! We are looking into Parrish as well and I can offer you my input on the area, but not so much the builders. I need some help there as well! The area is very rural, but growing rapidly. They also do not pay city taxes in Parrish (not sure if this is good or bad). So far, none of the areas are CDD and few sit on golf courses. You are far enough from the congestion, but not too far from amenities. The elementary and middle schools are great, with Witt, Mills and further out there, Williams. The middle schools are nice too. The only concern for me is the high school (Palmetto High). There are a lot of nice communities, but be careful, some of them have very high taxes (at least for me they are high), and the HOA fees vary. Some are paid annually, quarterly and so on. Right now, the home prices are fantastic and it seems like a great place for the 30 something crowd, as well as for the older ones. I know a number of people that live there that are very happy.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,807 times
Be very cautious purchasing a new home these days. Numerous builders have already gone into bankruptcy and and many are probably to follow. If your builder goes into bankruptcy then there goes your warranty. You should demand all deposit monies go into escrow accounts and that goes especially for new construction. If the builder balks at this then run don't walk away.

Regarding Smith Family Homes, they are financially hurting and could be in deeper trouble. Although I understand they build a great house be very cautious because your warranty and/or deposit could be in jeopardy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay