Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 05:18 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
I can`t figure out i have to pay for that those removal company will take my stuff?
I'm in a similar situation having lots of furniture and stuff thats accumulated over the years and it all wont fit in our upcoming move to a smaller place,i could spend months trying to sell 1000s of items on Craigslist or Ebay but used furniture and household items are basically worth nothing and i just dont have the time or energy to try to sell it all individually thus 1-800-got junk will come and make it all disappear for a reasonable price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 05:29 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,524,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm in a similar situation having lots of furniture and stuff thats accumulated over the years and it all wont fit in our upcoming move to a smaller place,i could spend months trying to sell 1000s of items on Craigslist or Ebay but used furniture and household items are basically worth nothing and i just dont have the time or energy to try to sell it all individually thus 1-800-got junk will come and make it all disappear for a reasonable price.
Maybe post a "curb alert" on CL and put it out on the curb. Put what little is left in the trash or call for a "bulk pickup"

Old 05-09-2017, 05:57 AM

At the moment i'm bringing several garbage size bags a day of small stuff to the local donation center,the furniture is a bit tougher deal as some one has to pick it up.zoning is such that i cant leave stuff at the curb or have a garage sale.Most of the stuff is either stuff the kids accumulated or my wifes parents household furnishings which she is balking at junking it but when moving from a 6 room house with basement and garage to a 4 room apartment the old saying comes to mind you cant fit 10lbs of stuff in a 5lb bag.
Bottom line ? by July 1st we will be out of this house and living in our new apartment so its all gotta go.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:09 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,242,488 times
Craigslist is dead for selling personal items. I would suggest you look into LetGo and OfferUp. Both also are available with app that makes it easy to post an item with description and picture. I sold quite a few items before we moved with OfferUp. Just be reasonable with your prices.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:59 AM

383 posts, read 343,470 times
I have almost new stuff and it`s not a junk! By the way useful furniture for relocation having low weigth and could totally be taken apart. I`m thinking i`m in quite rich place (coastal Florida) that the reason noone wants to buy used stuff. I`m just didn`t use to the fact that people here don`t pay attention on used things even if you sell much cheaper..

Old 05-09-2017, 08:11 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
College kids buy secondhand stuff. There are secondhand stores as well. Buying from individuals can be a painful inconvenience. People list stuff on community bulletin boards around their neighborhood as well. Good luck.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:07 AM

984 posts, read 2,712,476 times
People get rid of a LOT of stuff here to the thrift shops. Salvation Army has a lot of them.

For those trying to get rid of things. You can call Salvation Army and schedule a truck pickup.

to Pepsik:
People can find a good variety of used things in the thrift shops at good prices. Not many bother with ads and interacting with strangers when they can do it in a store that can deliver. There are 5 of them within a few minutes drive of where I live.

You could visit one of these stores and see what they are selling things similar to yours for. This will help you know if your prices are right.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:01 PM

809 posts, read 747,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Hope this question isn't off-topic, but if one has a large amount of large household stuff, is it a reasonable alternative to just shove the home and stuff off to one of those "we buy ugly houses" places?

Jambo101, did you sell your place with all that stuff in place, or ....?

Old 05-09-2017, 06:24 PM

699 posts, read 2,219,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
I have almost new stuff and it`s not a junk! By the way useful furniture for relocation having low weigth and could totally be taken apart. I`m thinking i`m in quite rich place (coastal Florida) that the reason noone wants to buy used stuff. I`m just didn`t use to the fact that people here don`t pay attention on used things even if you sell much cheaper..
If you really want to sell your stuff, use Craigslist, LetGo or OfferUp. Your stuff will sell provided you post:

1. good, clear pictures
2. measurements of your furniture items
3. description of item's condition (clean, no stains, no rips, no tears, etc)
4. ask a reasonable price

Repost your ads on Craigslist every 48 hours. Keep in mind at the end of the month, sellers who are moving will drop their price to offload the item because they can't take it with them. This will make it harder during the last week of the month to hold and get your price.

Have patience. There's plenty of average working class people who buy used.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
Hope this question isn't off-topic, but if one has a large amount of large household stuff, is it a reasonable alternative to just shove the home and stuff off to one of those "we buy ugly houses" places?

Jambo101, did you sell your place with all that stuff in place, or ....?
We've been renting this place for the last 25 years. lease is up July 1,place will have to be reasonably clean and devoid of junk/stuff once we move out,if its not we will be charged for whatever clean up needs to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: