Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 07:14 AM

87 posts, read 79,635 times

Advertisements

All I know is that Publix is giving fits to the older local stores around NC, SC and middle TN.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:25 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,225,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypyou View Post
I'll state this clearly as I can. Loyal PUBLIX SUPERMARKET customers spend, and continue to spend their dollars, month in, month out, year after year, decade after decade because of well-above just "average" customer service - because of their PEOPLE - not simply based on PRICE. One would have to be pretty dense or indifferent to the truth about their successful business model not to see, and acknowledge that.

A Walmart or an ALDi customer is NOT the targeted customer for Publix Supermarkets.

Similarly all banking customers are not targeted the same, i.e. based on "price" of goods and services. Let me give you an example. Bank of America is one of the largest, omnipresent banks in the US..... Northern Trust is not, but both are "banks". So is say Harris. A Northern Trust customer or a Harris banking customer wouldn't walk in any Bank of America for anything - they aren't the same customer profile although all of the banks offer similar services and products.

I have no axe to grind about PUBLIX. They don't need me to be some sort of booster on the web. They're doing just fine.

I simply understand business, marketing and their business model that is evolving especially outside the Florida region.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63SeaRay View Post
All I know is that Publix is giving fits to the older local stores around NC, SC and middle TN.
Posting the same thing under two names doesn't make you look any more credible. It only makes it look like you do have an agenda.

Feel free to waste your money overpaying for that fake smile if it makes you happy. Just know that every time you shop at Publix they "gypyou" Shekie.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:54 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,029 times
I currently live in Ozona...if I leave by Tampa road I hit a Winn Dixie...if I leave by Orange St. I'm closer to Publix...I don't have to go out of my way for either...but still prefer Publix...bakery,deli and produce all better then Winn Dixie (IMHO)...my mother insists the meats are better in Winn Dixie...I don't know...never liked grocery store meat or seafood...just returned from vacation in North Carolina.went to Ingels while in Asheville it was ok...but a local told me the name of a better store but I can't remember...LOL

Old 06-06-2017, 07:36 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I currently live in Ozona...if I leave by Tampa road I hit a Winn Dixie...if I leave by Orange St. I'm closer to Publix...I don't have to go out of my way for either...but still prefer Publix...bakery,deli and produce all better then Winn Dixie (IMHO)...my mother insists the meats are better in Winn Dixie...I don't know...never liked grocery store meat or seafood...just returned from vacation in North Carolina.went to Ingels while in Asheville it was ok...but a local told me the name of a better store but I can't remember...LOL
LOL, when we had a vacation home in Asheville, I would shop at Ingle's and one employee was raving about how Publix was soooo much better.... and this was long before Publix ever built any stores there!

Old 06-06-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
LOL, when we had a vacation home in Asheville, I would shop at Ingle's and one employee was raving about how Publix was soooo much better.... and this was long before Publix ever built any stores there!
Just remembered the name of the store Harris Teeter...did you ever shop there?

Old 06-06-2017, 03:35 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
No, it wasn't convenient to our house, but I heard it was nice. I would have gone there if it had been closer.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:23 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,412,451 times
Quote:
Harris Teeter is nice. I shopped there when I lived in Raleigh.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:11 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,747,309 times
Despite the warning cries from some, Publix will be fine in the face of new competition, some of which they've already competed against outside of Florida (i.e. Sprouts). I feel like their glaring weakness is hot prepared foods as is the case for many southern chains. The danger now is that stores that are doing well in that department are starting to open up shop in Florida.

In order to offer as many prepared foods today as some people expect, they would almost have to take out an entire aisle to pull off Whole Foods or Wegmans (which I've only seen in pictures) style hot bars in its existing stores. However, if you take away the bins filled with BOGO items, that could create some space for small buffet bars.

What if Publix could just alternate the hot foods they offer behind the deli counter instead of serving the same old stuff (fried chicken, mojo roast pork, mac & cheese, etc.) everyday they have been doing since forever? I know of a small chain in another state that does just that. This is not a fancy fru-fru store either. They post a menu of what will be available for purchase each day. They even have breakfast items until 10am or so. For example, Publix could say Monday is southern night, Tuesday is BBQ night, Wednesday is Latin, Thursday is Italian, Friday is Asian, Saturday is seafood/fish-fry night, etc.

That would be a cool way to offer some of the features that are available in Greenwise and their flagships to all of their locations without doing significant renovations. I would imagine they would have to continue offering the individual fried chicken and chicken tenders all week since those are signature items. Just an idea...

Old 06-07-2017, 01:08 PM

78 posts, read 57,802 times
I moved down here from the MidWest and I won't go back into a Publix unless i have to. The cashier was rude and rolled her eyes when I came in her lane. I said thank you not her and I'm paying double for what I paid for in Ohio AND they didn't carry half the things I went in there for. Nahhhh #1? Someones smoking crack...pass

Old 06-07-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingm View Post
I moved down here from the MidWest and I won't go back into a Publix unless i have to. The cashier was rude and rolled her eyes when I came in her lane. I said thank you not her and I'm paying double for what I paid for in Ohio AND they didn't carry half the things I went in there for. Nahhhh #1? Someones smoking crack...pass
Makes sense to base your opinion on one experience
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay