U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 02:53 PM

6,169 posts, read 3,698,968 times

Advertisements

Pictures of inside and out can be viewed on Zillow, Realtor.com and OTOWclearwaterinfo.com

Earlier this afternoon a crew was painting the front of our building. The road is being resurfaced.

The virus has caused disruption here as everywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 06:00 PM

764 posts, read 500,590 times
End Of The World Condos.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:41 AM

5,306 posts, read 1,901,432 times
It looks like Disney it’s a small world, i lived off of old Coachman road by Belcher Rd I’ve been to top of the world the old man at the security station was asleep inside. We looked at a condo there it smelled like mothballs and had grab handles everywhere. I told the wife that I’m old but not that old so we passed on looking at anymore in there. I like the big globe at the main entrance. Ended up getting apartment called Bay Park at old coachman and Gulf to bay close to belcher rd. I was there when us19 was under construction and was a pain in the rear with the heavy traffic jams.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:11 PM

4,646 posts, read 6,396,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
It looks like Disney it’s a small world, i lived off of old Coachman road by Belcher Rd I’ve been to top of the world the old man at the security station was asleep inside. We looked at a condo there it smelled like mothballs and had grab handles everywhere. I told the wife that I’m old but not that old so we passed on looking at anymore in there. I like the big globe at the main entrance. Ended up getting apartment called Bay Park at old coachman and Gulf to bay close to belcher rd. I was there when us19 was under construction and was a pain in the rear with the heavy traffic jams.
Wow, there's like 9000 condos there but you rule it out after looking at ONE? Anyway, being in a regular apartment complex is not really a comparable situation but whatever floats your boat.

Old 05-13-2020, 10:27 AM

5,306 posts, read 1,901,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Wow, there's like 9000 condos there but you rule it out after looking at ONE? Anyway, being in a regular apartment complex is not really a comparable situation but whatever floats your boat.

We were in more than one condo at top of the world. I’m old but not ancient we ended up renting a town house at us 19 and Harn Blvd. Glad we never bought a place since we moved back north we’re wages are allot higher for my wife, I’m retired. TOTW is old and dated so if you like being with older people go for it. There was a fire in 2015

https://patch.com/florida/clearwater...ed-top-world-0

Last edited by easy62; 05-13-2020 at 10:49 AM..

Old 05-13-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Top of the world is all old people I would think they pass away quite a bit there.When the wife and I lived in Clearwater we went to Top of the world to check out a place to rent the place smelled like mothballs and there were grab bars everywhere and the woman showing us was old as dirt. We passed and rented a townhouse instead the wife says top of the world looks like disneys small world.
On top of the world is a retirement community, they do have "old" people. I know at least one who is over 100.

Grab bars would be installed by the unit owner as needed.

I have been here 5 years, but have not ever smelled mothballs since I moved south in 1972.

OTOWclearwaterinfo.com

Old 05-14-2020, 12:52 PM

921 posts, read 2,207,955 times
Default Spot On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concert D Major View Post
911 dispatchers and fire units call it End Of The World Condos because of all the medical emergency calls there.
That is exactly what I thought of as a retired 1st responder from Pinellas County FL.
I have been in many of the units @ TOTW over the years. Most are very 1970s but I am sure some have been updated by now. Also the floor plan is very boxy and square edged like the exterior of the building. I guess this was done to save money on design and gives you the most room sacrificing style. Most the units there in CLWR have their front doors that open to a balcony ( old hotel style ) . So if your unit is in the middle of the row of front doors, and you are in the middle of a Florida August blowing rain storm, you will get wet if you are coming or going. Also the parking is covered, carport style, so your car still gets some weather. I can say the grounds always appeared to be well kept and the property is gated and staffed by security.

Old 05-15-2020, 02:55 PM

There is no covered parking at OTOW, I wish there was.

Old 06-11-2020, 03:21 PM

6 posts, read 786 times
OTOW is fine, lots of the condos are seriously outdated. You can get a condo for the same or similar prices close to the beach in places like Belleair Bluffs, Seminole or Largo west of Indian Rocks Road. Message me if you need help.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:58 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,071,441 times
I would be very leary of condos. I think they can be a good option if you can't buy a SFH, but those "special assessments" can be quite high and HOA's will go up each year - that is a promise. Plus, you still have to maintain everything inside just like you would a house. Maintenance fee will be no less than around $ 300/mo on average. So basically, HOA + SA + interior maintenance (such as a/C).

Be sure to check "reserves" before buying. Good reserves are no guarantee of no SA, but it is better than buying in a building with low reserves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay