Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 07:15 AM

58 posts, read 48,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
Yeah they arent a huge, luxury complex or anything but theyre a small, well taken care of complex pretty much nestled back in a decent little neighborhood where youll be able to walk to pretty much anything you need if you dont feel like driving. If youre into any kind of outdoor exercising, it really is in an ideal location to access the Pinellas trail (which runs from South county to North county) or even just walking around the lake at the city park that is maybe 2000 feet from the complex...Id feel totally safe walking that entire area (as I have with my kids lol) at any time ...though there are some mean ass geese at the lake in the city park that might potentially attack you if you dont have any/enough bread .
Some of the ones you mentioned though are in either central St Pete, Gandy area or in Pinellas Park and as the same demographic as you, I personally wouldnt want to live in some of those areas...the ones that are near Gandy are in a decent area but its apartment complex central over there and youll definitely have to drive to anything you want to do and there is no sense of community whatsoever. The complexes have also switched names a few times, Im assuming because of new management companies...but so Id do some extra research on just using the addresses. If I make it back down to Seminole anytime soon, Ill take pics of the apartment complex for you...I know everything looks like gold online, but it might help to have a sense of what a place really looks like in person and unless youre expecting the Ritz Carlton, I think youd be pleasantly surprised and satisfied with Costa Del Sol

Having lived here my whole life and having fam in law enforcement, I can honestly say there are not many "affordable" areas I would recommend in south county aside from Seminole or SW Largo (south of Walsingham Rd, West of Seminole Blvd- which turns into pretty much Seminole). I mean of course they have some amazing areas in St Pete but Id consider them more affluent and Im assuming youre looking for something reasonable based upon the complexes you listed.

Wow that is really informative and I so appreciate it. Of course, when I look at the crime map you see some theft and assaults, but I guess that can be expected really anywhere you live. God knows we see plenty of it in STL. It does seem like a nice little area other than that and doesn't look like it's too far from the water either which is perfect for me. Thank you for your input, however since I like options too I'm wondering if you can suggest any other apartment complexes in your opinion similar to these by chance? Because when I called them they said I'll need to be put on a waiting list so I'd like to have backup plans (just in case).....

Thank you again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 10:23 AM

261 posts, read 260,776 times
I lived in Pinellas for a while and that is pretty dead on by kdubose. SW Largo/Seminole about the best bet. In SW Largo rent prices did significantly go up since 2001 when I first moved to Florida. Keep in mind Florida is ever changing and very transient. So some neighborhoods go good or bad fast and Largo is no different.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
I lived in Pinellas for a while and that is pretty dead on by kdubose. SW Largo/Seminole about the best bet. In SW Largo rent prices did significantly go up since 2001 when I first moved to Florida. Keep in mind Florida is ever changing and very transient. So some neighborhoods go good or bad fast and Largo is no different.

Thank you. Any apartment name suggestions by chance that you would recommend? But yes, it's a lot like St. Louis where it can be a hit and miss in some cases.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:41 PM

261 posts, read 260,776 times
Different Dynamic than St Louis even. You got transients from the northeast and midwest who come and go, retirees from the same regions which is bigger in pinellas with retirees than hilsborough. A large University in Tampa. USF bringing younger people to the area from across the state, Part time residents from other parts of Florida who have beach area rentals and Vacationers who come here from all over the world. Demand is extremely high in the rental market. A lot of these complexes are like revolving doors. This is a complicated area sociologically and will always be.

Pinellas County is pretty much built out. Pretty much no where left to build at all. Hillsborough has land in south and east regions but going fast. The area is growing so much Hillsborough county had to make another sheriffs district this year for all the incoming calls.

Last edited by paradiselost; 06-19-2017 at 12:55 PM..

Old 06-19-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
Different Dynamic than St Louis even. You got transients from the northeast and midwest who come and go, retirees from the same regions which is bigger in pinellas with retirees than hilsborough. A large University in Tampa. USF bringing younger people to the area from across the state, Part time residents from other parts of Florida who have beach area rentals and Vacationers who come here from all over the world. Demand is extremely high in the rental market. A lot of these complexes are like revolving doors. This is a complicated area sociologically and will always be.

Pinellas County is pretty much built out. Pretty much no where left to build at all. Hillsborough has land in south and east regions but going fast. The area is growing so much Hillsborough county had to make another sheriffs district this year for all the incoming calls.
That's pretty crazy!! However, I guess it's a good thing I'm getting there in about 3 months. Get in while I still can...lol

I've only had this dream of mine for 30 years so I'm excited to finally make it come true. I've worked too hard not to follow through on it. 2 jobs and 65+ hours a week you better believe I'm ready for anything Florida has to come my way. I enjoy a good challenge.....It will all pay off in the end!

Old 06-24-2017, 07:53 PM

626 posts, read 1,347,734 times
I cant really think of any off hand that Id recommend in that area aside from that one without knowing what exactly youre looking and hoping for. Maybe I missed a previous post detailing that and if I did I apologize! Are you specifically looking for south Pinellas county? Is there a job in St Pete or Tampa that you are trying to have an easy commute to? Are you only interested in apartments? I only ask because all of the apartments you originally listed are down towards south county...so I wasnt sure if you were open to Safety Harbor, Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Clearwater? I personally think these are much better areas than the ones you listed in St Pete and most definitely Pinellas Park... but if I had a better idea of what exactly youre looking for, itd be easier to give a suggestion

Old 06-26-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
I cant really think of any off hand that Id recommend in that area aside from that one without knowing what exactly youre looking and hoping for. Maybe I missed a previous post detailing that and if I did I apologize! Are you specifically looking for south Pinellas county? Is there a job in St Pete or Tampa that you are trying to have an easy commute to? Are you only interested in apartments? I only ask because all of the apartments you originally listed are down towards south county...so I wasnt sure if you were open to Safety Harbor, Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Clearwater? I personally think these are much better areas than the ones you listed in St Pete and most definitely Pinellas Park... but if I had a better idea of what exactly youre looking for, itd be easier to give a suggestion

Hi There!!

I'm open (fairly)....Since I'm not really familiar with the area exactly, I'm trying to stay close between my 2 friends. One who lives in St. Pete Beach and one who lives in Seminole Florida, but will be moving near the Gandy bridge in the fall, so basically anywhere in between I'm ok with including by the Gandy Bridge. Basically I'm open to Southern part of Clearwater (that's as far North as I want to go) down to St. Pete Beach, and anywhere in between. As long as it's reasonable and most importantly a safe neighborhood. Those are the 2 most important of all. I have been looking at Southern part of Clearwater, Seminole, Largo, St. Petersburg, Indian Shores and Pinellas. (If that gives you an idea) Trying to keep rent around $850-$950 max for a 1 BR apartment that allows dogs. I know they exist but will just take time finding one. They don't need to be the most fancy as I'm not worried about it looking like the Hilton, as long as they are in a safe area and decent looking, not completely roach infested..LOL..Otherwise I would probably need a cat. J/K....

Thank you all so much for the replies, please keep them coming!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay