Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 02:57 PM

121 posts, read 176,745 times

Advertisements

Can no longer bring any kind of food into the park, only water. You MUST buy their overpriced food if you want a meal. Other option is to leave the park and brave the heat to go to your car to eat a soggy, melted meal, while sweltering.

We did a last minute trip to Adventure Island since we have passes. One of my children can't eat gluten. Per their website, if you have gluten issues you can bring food in the park. The plan was we would buy lunch at the park with the exception of child with the gluten issues... we would bring her lunch so we can all eat together.

They gave us the HARDEST time!!! Even after I explained the situation with my children right there. The food portion was obviously only enough for 1 child.

What is going on with Adventure Island??? Anyone know why all these changes and why it is no longer family friendly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 07:03 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,197 times
What's wrong? You don't like waiting 45 minutes in line to get a meal? The lines are ridiculous.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:07 PM

121 posts, read 176,745 times
YES!!! The lines were really bad and moved so slow!!!!

Old 06-16-2017, 05:57 AM

212 posts, read 286,354 times
Allowing you to bring in food seems to "cater" to the local residents who attend regularly and do not want to spent the money to buy food every time they go. Out of town tourists are more likely to be willing to pay for food on the one or two days they attend. Maybe they decided that they can make more money off of the out of town crowd so they don't need to attract the locals as much.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:54 AM

4,474 posts, read 3,840,940 times
I will never ever understand why people pay gobs of money to wait in line for hours in brutal heat and eat horrendous food.

People: "Here, let me give you $500, and in exchange, please please torture me."
Theme parks: "Awesome, thanks! We have really upped our torture game this year, you will love it! And we promise,
every year we will find more and more ways to torture you even more! Maybe next year we can make the lines even longer. We will absolutely be raising prices. And don't worry, the food options will be worse too!"

Old 06-16-2017, 09:38 AM

4 posts, read 3,449 times
Default New Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyGal View Post
Can no longer bring any kind of food into the park, only water. You MUST buy their overpriced food if you want a meal. Other option is to leave the park and brave the heat to go to your car to eat a soggy, melted meal, while sweltering.

We did a last minute trip to Adventure Island since we have passes. One of my children can't eat gluten. Per their website, if you have gluten issues you can bring food in the park. The plan was we would buy lunch at the park with the exception of child with the gluten issues... we would bring her lunch so we can all eat together.

They gave us the HARDEST time!!! Even after I explained the situation with my children right there. The food portion was obviously only enough for 1 child.

What is going on with Adventure Island??? Anyone know why all these changes and why it is no longer family friendly?
New Policy for people safety and the parks maintenance.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:21 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,409,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrakonig12 View Post
New Policy for people safety and the parks maintenance.
New policy for more money plain and simple.

Old 06-18-2017, 04:35 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,414,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
New policy for more money plain and simple.
go figure - aren't they a business? - hope they did some studies on how many pass holders they'd lose......me? take a break and head back to the car for lunch ......I'd turn it into a tailgate party - pack a couple of coolers, bring chairs, umbrella or whatever....food is better that way anyway and cheaper........

either that, or head to the beach instead......

Old 06-18-2017, 11:17 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
go figure - aren't they a business?
The problem isn't that they stopped allowing you to bring food. The problem is that they stopped allowing you to bring food and did nothing to ease the congestion of their lines. I'm not kidding, I haven't waited less than 45 minutes to get some "quick service" food. They didn't think about the crowds beforehand and did nothing about it.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:46 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,409,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
The problem isn't that they stopped allowing you to bring food. The problem is that they stopped allowing you to bring food and did nothing to ease the congestion of their lines. I'm not kidding, I haven't waited less than 45 minutes to get some "quick service" food. They didn't think about the crowds beforehand and did nothing about it.
Just like they wanted all these people to move to the Tampa area before they had their infrastructure in place, the roads can't handle all the traffic there. But they wanted the money these people bring with them regardless if they could handle the influx of these people. It's all about the $$$$$ I moved back north because it's getting to crazy there I rather put up with the winter cold and snow than to be boxed in like sardines like I felt living in Clearwater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: