Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 05:59 AM

30,175 posts, read 20,894,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Here's a drone video of TnC from Hanley to Waters and Hillsborough. I've zoomed in as close as I can and don't see all the "cars on blocks"?? I can't find any "gang bangers and thugs" lol that your talking about either??
Actually TnC looks pretty good.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_49WI8T7RNU
Well you need to open your eyes sly. I lived in the area for 41 years and saw it go downhill from the 60's also worked in that area and saw the trash that lived in the Apt complexes i painted and saw my share of hondas and other rice cars up on blocks with the wheels stolen. After living in Danashores for 41 years most any other area looks bad to me. Just a world of a diff once you cross the golf coarse.
Little Cuba if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 06:27 AM

195 posts, read 213,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Never lived there. Danashores is right next to the Tampa airport just south of TNC. Parts of Lakeland are the ghetto and many other parts are nice. Just a nitmare drive on i4 to get to Tampa. Cheapest rent is in west Pasco county as you can rent a 2bedroom home from around 550 to 750 a month and it is a 50 min drive to Tampa. Anytime you or Vinny needs a wake up call then hop in my C6 Vette and i will take ya for a drive and wake up call. May even give ya a fast burst to 160mph for thrills.

I do not have a wife nor do I have any kids. I would be willing to live in as small as a studio and don't even need a one bedroom. I am just trying to get lower rent but with a decent neighborhood. I could swing 550 to 750. I could maybe afford 800 but 700 or lower a month would be ideal.

Quote:
Well you need to open your eyes sly. I lived in the area for 41 years and saw it go downhill from the 60's also worked in that area and saw the trash that lived in the Apt complexes i painted and saw my share of hondas and other rice cars up on blocks with the wheels stolen. After living in Danashores for 41 years most any other area looks bad to me. Just a world of a diff once you cross the golf coarse.

You guys are really making town n' country look less appealing by the second.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Lugo View Post
I do not have a wife nor do I have any kids. I would be willing to live in as small as a studio and don't even need a one bedroom. I am just trying to get lower rent but with a decent neighborhood. I could swing 550 to 750. I could maybe afford 800 but 700 or lower a month would be ideal.

You guys are really making town n' country look less appealing by the second.
Carlton Arms in Port richey has a studio for around 620 a month or a small 1 bedroom for around 700. Carlton Arms in north Tampa is about a $100 higher a month for the same size Apt.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:49 AM

33 posts, read 31,954 times
Quote:
Tnc has turned into little Cuba and is gang banger land.
You know nothing about Cubans, they are wonderful, decent people, not gang bangers, a few bad apples? yes, just like in any other race/nationality, according to the Tampa area crime map, there is little to no crime in the TNC area:

LexisNexis® Community Crime Map

Old 07-23-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exus View Post
You know nothing about Cubans, they are wonderful, decent people, not gang bangers, a few bad apples? yes, just like in any other race/nationality, according to the Tampa area crime map, there is little to no crime in the TNC area:

When i say thugs i am talking all kinds of spanish, blacks and white trash not just the Cuban people.
The area looks run down and the homes are old and looking run down just like it is in west Pasco. Drive to Danashores and look at a huge diff and how much better it looks. Some places in TNC are nice if they are on the water and the homes are 250k+.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:14 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,507,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
This!

I said in my earlier post to check out Town N Country. It is not all gang banging or dodging bullets on a daily basis as some try to make it to be.

There are so many contradicting suggestions being thrown by some in the message board. The median household income in Tampa Bay is about $50K. Are half of the household's in Tampa Bay live in ghetto?
Its very apparent that there is some people on this site that do not have any type of life and that are very bored with themselves. Basically a miserable waste of life. The only thing they know about is what's inside the four walls of there house. I actually feel sorry for one poster because its so obvious that they live such a lame life that they feel the need to totally off topic, brag about what kind of car they drive, lol. Who cares? Misery loves company I guess and since they have no life, no friends, and don't get out in the real world they get on line and try to pretend they do.

My advice is to look at the posters posting history and you will quickly find out what type of mentality the person has.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Carlton Arms in Port richey has a studio for around 620 a month or a small 1 bedroom for around 700. Carlton Arms in north Tampa is about a $100 higher a month for the same size Apt.

Port Richie. This is the first time someone has brought that city up. What is that city all about? Tell me more about it. That could be an option worth looking into for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exus View Post

I'm not writing Town and Country off the list before I check it out. However, I have heard multiple complaints about it so that does make me a little hesitant. I am not gonna lie.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:22 AM
KPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Lugo View Post
Port Richie. This is the first time someone has brought that city up. What is that city all about? Tell me more about it. That could be an option worth looking into for me.

I'm not writing Town and Country off the list before I check it out. However, I have heard multiple complaints about it so that does make me a little hesitant. I am not gonna lie.
You do not want to live in Port Richey, New Port Richey, Hudson or anywhere along the US19 corridor in Pasco county. The houses being so cheap in the area should be your first clue.
As far as TnC getting a bad rep, all I can say is my mom, dad, 2 sisters, and myself lived in TnC, (we didn't live near it or worked there, we LIVED there in the Pinehurst subdivision) from 1977-2014 and never had our house's broke into or our cars or been a victim of any type of crime there.
Why it gets a bad rep is because like a lot of neighborhoods, TnC use to be VERY nice. Its where a lot of families moved to during "white flight" in the early 70's. It has changed, a lot more people now and like the rest of the State of FL. a lot more Spanish/Latin people have moved in. So a lot of white people have a problem with that and have moved out/left, and now since they left its the ghetto, or the funniest thing I've heard is like some kind of gang land lol.
Your from Chi town, you know what gangs are. These people here have absolutely no clue what a gang is, they wouldn't know a flag if it was flying in front of there faces. But all they see everywhere around them are gang bangers and thugs.
This place (Tampa, in general) is like Mayberry compared to Chicago.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
You do not want to live in Port Richey, New Port Richey, Hudson or anywhere along the US19 corridor in Pasco county. The houses being so cheap in the area should be your first clue.
As far as TnC getting a bad rep, all I can say is my mom, dad, 2 sisters, and myself lived in TnC, (we didn't live near it or worked there, we LIVED there in the Pinehurst subdivision) from 1977-2014 and never had our house's broke into or our cars or been a victim of any type of crime there.
Why it gets a bad rep is because like a lot of neighborhoods, TnC use to be VERY nice. Its where a lot of families moved to during "white flight" in the early 70's. It has changed, a lot more people now and like the rest of the State of FL. a lot more Spanish/Latin people have moved in. So a lot of white people have a problem with that and have moved out/left, and now since they left its the ghetto, or the funniest thing I've heard is like some kind of gang land lol.
Your from Chi town, you know what gangs are. These people here have absolutely no clue what a gang is, they wouldn't know a flag if it was flying in front of there faces. But all they see everywhere around them are gang bangers and thugs.
This place (Tampa, in general) is like Mayberry compared to Chicago.
So is Port Richie just really, really crime ridden or something? You have peaked my curiosity.

I am not originally from Chicago, (I am originally from Jacksonville, Florida) but I have been living here for the last year and I moved here last November. I will be leaving for (wherever I decide) in Florida in October so that will mean that I lived in Chicago for almost an entire year. I pretty much know how things work here in that much time.

The gang members here are VERY VERY well established and have been around since the 60s. And the gangs are EVERYWHERE here. Everywhere you go, even in the nice areas, you see gang members. They make it fairly easy to identify themselves here as well as they wear their hats pointed towards the right or to the left.

That being said, I do not really care if I am Caucasian and I am living around mostly Hispanics. I really could care less about that. I just want it to be a decent neighborhood. The neighborhood I am in now is really sketch and I have to watch my back 24/7 and I really don't like that feeling. I want to be able to walk through the neighborhood and not have to worry about getting mugged, shot, or harassed.

I do wish I could get a straight answer on town and country though because I keep getting mixed answers; some say it's not bad, others say it's the hood.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:48 AM
KPB

Quote:
LMAO
TnC was nothing but cow pastures in the 60's. The majority of TnC wasn't even built until the mid 70's and 80's lol.

Tell us more about the area please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay