Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 04:11 AM

30,404 posts, read 21,222,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Lugo View Post
So is Port Richie just really, really crime ridden or something? You have peaked my curiosity.

I am not originally from Chicago, (I am originally from Jacksonville, Florida) but I have been living here for the last year and I moved here last November. I will be leaving for (wherever I decide) in Florida in October so that will mean that I lived in Chicago for almost an entire year. I pretty much know how things work here in that much time.

The gang members here are VERY VERY well established and have been around since the 60s. And the gangs are EVERYWHERE here. Everywhere you go, even in the nice areas, you see gang members. They make it fairly easy to identify themselves here as well as they wear their hats pointed towards the right or to the left.

That being said, I do not really care if I am Caucasian and I am living around mostly Hispanics. I really could care less about that. I just want it to be a decent neighborhood. The neighborhood I am in now is really sketch and I have to watch my back 24/7 and I really don't like that feeling. I want to be able to walk through the neighborhood and not have to worry about getting mugged, shot, or harassed.

I do wish I could get a straight answer on town and country though because I keep getting mixed answers; some say it's not bad, others say it's the hood.
That poster has no clue.

All of west Pasco from Hoilday to Hudson is 90% small 2bedroom homes selling for 40 to 70k. The area was built in the early 70's for older getting out of work. They have all died off and most of the homes are rented out to druggies and bums. But the cost of living here is very cheap. Carlton Arms in Port richey is a nice complex with older people compared to the Tampa area.

Anytime you want a ride i will show ya the truth ruth and take you for a tour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 04:17 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,523,215 times
Quote:
So is Port Richie just really, really crime ridden or something? You have peaked my curiosity.
Crime is everywhere but my biggest complaint is having to deal with US 19 in that area on a regular basis. East Pasco in general, especially along 19 is a pretty depressing area.

I am not originally from Chicago, (I am originally from Jacksonville, Florida) but I have been living here for the last year and I moved here last November. I will be leaving for (wherever I decide) in Florida in October so that will mean that I lived in Chicago for almost an entire year. I pretty much know how things work here in that much time.

The gang members here are VERY VERY well established and have been around since the 60s. And the gangs are EVERYWHERE here. Everywhere you go, even in the nice areas, you see gang members. They make it fairly easy to identify themselves here as well as they wear their hats pointed towards the right or to the left.
Florida doesn't have a gang problem other than parts of Miami. Have you seen any in Jacksonville? Probably not I would assume.

That being said, I do not really care if I am Caucasian and I am living around mostly Hispanics. I really could care less about that. I just want it to be a decent neighborhood. The neighborhood I am in now is really sketch and I have to watch my back 24/7 and I really don't like that feeling. I want to be able to walk through the neighborhood and not have to worry about getting mugged, shot, or harassed. You can pretty much walk through any part of Tampa including Sulphur Springs, Belmont Heights at a any time of night and not have a problem. I know for a fact you won't in TnC because I've done it plenty of times.

I do wish I could get a straight answer on town and country though because I keep getting mixed answers; some say it's not bad, others say it's the hood.
I don't know what else to tell you other than to see for yourself, I posted that drone video of TnC because I know it helps if you see with your own eye's. I don't work for the Town n Country chamber of commerce or anything, and I'm not a realtor in that area so I really don't have any reason to lie about the area. I just grew up there since I was a kid (Im 42 btw/white male)went to K-12 rite there in TnC, my parents didn't put me in a car and drive me to a private school because they were afraid to put there son in a the nearby public school's.
Are there better places to live? Sure there are. But its by far one of the worst places to live.

Wherever you decide to move I'd just sign a 6 month lease in case you don't like it, you'll also know the area by then and might find a place you like better.

Like you, I don't have a problem w/ Hispanics, blacks whoever. I see no color! I'm white and IMO the people I consider "white trash" are the worst there are. They have no excuse, born here, given every friggin opportunity you could imagine but choose to be fat, lazy, pos. I love seeing a refugee come here and within 10 years own a home car, made a family for themselves, I love it!
That and there's always been a big place in my heart for Cuban girls, God gave them a lil sumthin more in all the right places if you know what I'm saying (Im saying this because you mentioned the dating scene). Oh, and the food too. Love my Cuban food, its what I miss the most since I moved to Lakeland.

Good luck to you brother!

Last edited by KPB; 07-24-2017 at 05:37 AM..

Old 07-24-2017, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
LMAO
TnC was nothing but cow pastures in the 60's. The majority of TnC wasn't even built until the mid 70's and 80's lol.

Tell us more about the area please
You were not around in the 60's so you have no clue. My day care was at the end of Hanley and waters and there were plenty of homes south on Hanley a Kelly Rd and all the areas just north of rocky point golf coarse had homes. 12 Oaks and places north of Waters was all cows or empty land man.

You are a clueless person. My sis and the Danashores kids in the 60's would joke on the bus that the kids in Danashores were eating steak and lobster while the kids to the north in TNC were eating beenie weenies. I was born in Danashores 1963 and i know what went down unlike you.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:26 AM
KPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
My sis and the Danashores kids in the 60's would joke on the bus that the kids in Danashores were eating steak and lobster while the kids to the north in TNC were eating beenie weenies. I was born in Danashores 1963 and i know what went down unlike you.
That rite there speaks volumes of you, you should really feel proud of yourself. I'm glad I didn't grow up in that kind of neighborhood.
Have you ever seen the movie "Grease"?

Old 07-24-2017, 04:37 AM

Quote:
That rite there speaks volumes of you, you should really feel proud of yourself. I'm glad I didn't grow up in that kind of neighborhood.
Have you ever seen the movie "Grease"?
I was just around 3 to 5 when that went down on my sis's bus. I had nothing to with it as my sis is 10.5 years older than me. But for real, plenty of TNC was built in the early 60's just look at some photos of the area from 1963 to 1973. Just like much of Tampa the cheaper areas are run down and getting worse by the year dear.

Never saw grease. Danashores was a great place to grow up in. Had all the same people live around me for over 25+ years, people knew each other and helped each other back in them days.
I must have caught 10,000 lbs of mullet on rod and reel as a kid on them canals.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:42 AM
KPB

Quote:
I was just around 3 to 5 when that went down on my sis's bus. I had nothing to with it as my sis is 10.5 years older than me. But for real, plenty of TNC was built in the early 60's just look at some photos of the area from 1963 to 1973. Just like much of Tampa the cheaper areas are run down and getting worse by the year dear.

Never saw grease. Danashores was a great place to grow up in. Had all the same people live around me for over 25+ years, people knew each other and helped each other back in them days.
I must have caught 10,000 lbs of mullet on rod and reel as a kid on them canals.
WoW, you've never seen Grease? Unbelievable!

IMO nobody is capable of giving others any type of advice about anything or anywhere if they haven't seen Grease.
Seriously, if you haven't seen that then you haven't seen much

Old 07-24-2017, 06:01 AM

195 posts, read 214,664 times
Quote:
That poster has no clue.

All of west Pasco from Hoilday to Hudson is 90% small 2bedroom homes selling for 40 to 70k. The area was built in the early 70's for older getting out of work. They have all died off and most of the homes are rented out to druggies and bums. But the cost of living here is very cheap. Carlton Arms in Port richey is a nice complex with older people compared to the Tampa area.

Anytime you want a ride i will show ya the truth ruth and take you for a tour.

So then Port Richie is actually not that bad then?

Old 07-24-2017, 06:02 AM

195 posts, read 214,664 times
Quote:
I don't know what else to tell you other than to see for yourself, I posted that drone video of TnC because I know it helps if you see with your own eye's. I don't work for the Town n Country chamber of commerce or anything, and I'm not a realtor in that area so I really don't have any reason to lie about the area. I just grew up there since I was a kid (Im 42 btw/white male)went to K-12 rite there in TnC, my parents didn't put me in a car and drive me to a private school because they were afraid to put there son in a the nearby public school's.
Are there better places to live? Sure there are. But its by far one of the worst places to live.

Wherever you decide to move I'd just sign a 6 month lease in case you don't like it, you'll also know the area by then and might find a place you like better.

Like you, I don't have a problem w/ Hispanics, blacks whoever. I see no color! I'm white and IMO the people I consider "white trash" are the worst there are. They have no excuse, born here, given every friggin opportunity you could imagine but choose to be fat, lazy, pos. I love seeing a refugee come here and within 10 years own a home car, made a family for themselves, I love it!
That and there's always been a big place in my heart for Cuban girls, God gave them a lil sumthin more in all the right places if you know what I'm saying (Im saying this because you mentioned the dating scene). Oh, and the food too. Love my Cuban food, its what I miss the most since I moved to Lakeland.

Good luck to you brother!
Wait? If the TNC is by far one of the worst places to live then why on earth would I wanna live there then?

Old 07-24-2017, 06:34 AM
KPB

Quote:
Wait? If the TNC is by far one of the worst places to live then why on earth would I wanna live there then?
lol, meant to say NOT the worse, sorry.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:15 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
JMO, but if the choice came down to TnC vs west Pasco, I would pick TnC by a huge mile!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay