Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 09:42 PM

186 posts, read 217,732 times

Advertisements

Hi I was wondering if anyone can recommend a car dealership either new or used cars that will work with people with poor credit. I don't have good credit right now but need a car for work when I move down to Tampa bay. It does not have to be a fancy new car. Just reliable wheels. If anyone knows some good car places down in the area please let me know. Thanks for any advice or help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 08:37 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,584,614 times
Check out Mr "HUGE"!

Old 07-25-2017, 09:47 AM

686 posts, read 621,961 times
I'd imagine any of the high volume dealers have high volume used lots as well. Check out Brandon Ford.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:16 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,822,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Check out Mr "HUGE"!
Generally Kia puts quite a bit of effort into the sub-prime credit market. Almost everyone I know who had trouble getting a car loan because of credit issues now drives a Kia. There's also no shortage of "buy here - pay here" places. A coworker who went through a divorce went that route after his ex-wife royally hosed up his finances.

One thing the OP also needs to consider... Having a car loan means also having full coverage insurance, so keep that in mind for budgetary reasons.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:36 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
Fuccillio Kia Wesley Chapel. The Mr Huge guy. He has commercials on every 5 minutes. Sounds like his specialty is difficult credit. I don't know anyone that has bought a car there. So I have no idea if he can actually get loans for people. I'd give his dealership a try. Otherwise I'm sure you can get a car in Fla, as long as you have income. There are numerous car lots that deal in bad credit.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Fuccillio Kia Wesley Chapel. The Mr Huge guy. He has commercials on every 5 minutes. Sounds like his specialty is difficult credit. I don't know anyone that has bought a car there. So I have no idea if he can actually get loans for people. I'd give his dealership a try. Otherwise I'm sure you can get a car in Fla, as long as you have income. There are numerous car lots that deal in bad credit.
My wife knows a lot of folks who bought from him in upstate NY (he started up there, I believe). Says despite his oddball commercials he's a really down to earth and nice guy, and likes to help people.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:47 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
Generally Kia puts quite a bit of effort into the sub-prime credit market. Almost everyone I know who had trouble getting a car loan because of credit issues now drives a Kia. There's also no shortage of "buy here - pay here" places. A coworker who went through a divorce went that route after his ex-wife royally hosed up his finances.

One thing the OP also needs to consider... Having a car loan means also having full coverage insurance, so keep that in mind for budgetary reasons.
I would love to see that huge guy die a 1000 deaths. No wonder my tv is never on during the day or a radio were i gotta hear that SOB every min.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:18 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a person View Post
My wife knows a lot of folks who bought from him in upstate NY (he started up there, I believe). Says despite his oddball commercials he's a really down to earth and nice guy, and likes to help people.
I spent several summers up there. Every commercial break seemed to have him on the tube. I found him as well as most NYers obnoxious. I'd never buy from him.

Check out Carmax.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:24 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I spent several summers up there. Every commercial break seemed to have him on the tube. I found him as well as most NYers obnoxious. I'd never buy from him.

Check out Carmax.
Um he is obnoxious compared to most NYers.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Check out Carmax.
lol. I can see how people would hate him. I find him entertaining. He's putting on that act to get your attention. Since *anyone* who has seen 1 or more of his commercials remembers him, I'd say he's getting the job done.

Also, Carmax generally overprices their stock and their multipoint inspections are a joke. Speaking from personal experience selling them a WRX that had been rallied and beat to hell (and put back to stock before selling), as well as one of my good friends who sold cars there for 7 years. Buy at your own risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay